Krap, This Just Ruined My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkm2021

Disturbed (one of my favorite modern metal bands) is coming to Wichita Kansas (I live in Kansas but not Wichita) BUUUUUUUT there's a catch (always a catch...)

The concert takes place on Wednesday the 1st, I HAVE SCHOOL!!!!!
crap, that just ruined my life

well, I can always wait til they come back... IF they come back

anyone nearby going to see them at Hartman Arena next week?

if you want to see details on their tour, check out the website

wtf, ruined your life? seriously, pathetic wording. anyway, if you're still in school, what's stopping you going :D

parents WERE going to pay for the tickets, but now if i want to go i have to buy my own tickets (i think they're like $30 a piece) and find a ride to wichita, which about a 45 minute drive from where i live. Of course i have a license, but i dont have a car :cautious:

EDIT_

i put ruined my life because i WAS going to put that "my weekend was shot" but it was on a weekday, and i really want to go to this concert so i thought that it might be the biggest event of my life (until something bigger happens, of course)

it ruined my life until something happens to fix it

makes sense to me... sort of

well i can only really see a few options for u
a) taxi
b)bus
c)ask for lift
d)go with a mate
e)GTA some poor bugger to go see concern and probably get arrested afterwards

adventSpartanMatrix said:
well i can only really see a few options for u
a) taxi
b)bus
c)ask for lift
d)go with a mate
e)GTA some poor bugger to go see concern and probably get arrested afterwards

a wouldnt work, i live in Kansas, no taxis here
b again... Kansas
c, my friends are a-holes
d, again my friiends are a-holes
e..... PERFECT!!!!

nah

well, my school uses block scheduling, we've got A and B days, A being easy days where i have almost no work to do, and B is a work day where i need to do homework and stuff for my core classes.

i just counted the days on the calender and the day of the concert is on an A day, but i don't know if that will get my parents to let me go... worth a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to see Five Finger Death Punch on a wednesday night, didnt get home till like...1 AM.....but it was my birthday, so my dad didnt care.

Fun concert, too.

BTW....Saw disturbed at mayhem fest last august.....OMG so worth it!

dude what grade are you? sounds like your parents need to loosen up. if you have good grades, and arent a trouble maker why wont they give you a break?

hell i missed the first 4 days or class my senior year to go to 4 cky shows in a row... Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois.. best first week of school. and my parent payed for it.

DreadMullet said:
dude what grade are you? sounds like your parents need to loosen up. if you have good grades, and arent a trouble maker why wont they give you a break?

hell i missed the first 4 days or class my senior year to go to 4 cky shows in a row... Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois.. best first week of school. and my parent payed for it.

I'm a sophomore

my grades are not the greatest, but they're not that bad (or at least not as bad as some of the other kids' grades)
so i think i should be able to go but i can't

i had friends that were going in NY, and then out of the blue the school said that on a day we had off, that they were going to have school every body was pissed, like %30 of the whole school skipped to go see th concert, disturbed isn't my cup of tea (seeing how they stole Phil Collins stuff) but i feel your pain bro

Sean Bradley said:
Since when do rock bands hold concerts during school hours??? o_O
i think he means its a school night. im going to the Silverstein concert on a school night coming up soon. I always do. hell, im a frosh and my parents dont care

Sean Bradley said:

i know, right

it just doesnt seem right to be having it at 2:00 pm, and hour before i get out of school and 3 hours before most people get off work

antzombie said:
heres what i got to say

School is for chumps, enough said :)

well, i do agree to an extent
but to get into any good college you need good grades, and although school is mostly pointless after the 9th grade we still have to go and "make something of ourselves" (I myself would like to make 3D environments for video games and such)

back onto subject, school is in the way of 85% of my life, and this disturbed concert is an example of that

well honestly I dont think I worked very hard to get what I wanted.
I went to school, did homework rarely, and skipped just the right amount of days to not fail the class lol

Somehow I was still able to get into a really good college for free doing what I want :)
Most of the top 10 in my class are going to the same school as me with the same benifits :)
So I must have done something right lol

Im not saying everyone gets it that lucky but I honestly hate school. Most things are best learned on your own
or from a book. People learn different ways and that is my way. I ead something, I remember it. I get told something, its in one ear and out the other lol.

Im starting college this fall by the way.

The only reason I got in for free without applying for any
scholarships is Financial Aid <3 and being 25% Native American :D

Im a man of many talents which definitly comes in handy believe me

Im not a fan of Disturbed honestly but it definitly sucks not being able to see a band you really want to :( i know the feeling

well, i've missed almost NO days of school, and i have a certificate for passing a state test called KCA, getting exemplary gets you 2 days off school and i might just use that :D

glad i remembered it

Sean Bradley said:

The wiser ones, evidently. Set an example to the kids, put your concerts during times they're not meant to be at school.

antzombie said:
heres what i got to say

School is for chumps enough said :)

Congratulations, you just lowered my entire opinion of the general American!

Of course, school's worthless! Why ever would anyone want to bother with an establishment designed to educate your stupid ass and give you a better standing in life when we can all just go to rock concerts and be stupid?

Dude, seriously. Maybe your post needs to be worded a little better there. But if you want to help lower your nation's average IQ by promoting the fact that it's OK to sit at the back and doze off, fine by me.

:rolleyes

Well, if the doors open at 2 the concert isn't likely to start until 5, at least. You should still be able to go without having to take that day off.

Crucible said:
Congratulations, you just lowered my entire opinion of the general American!

Of course, school's worthless! Why ever would anyone want to bother with an establishment designed to educate your stupid ass and give you a better standing in life when we can all just go to rock concerts and be stupid?

Dude, seriously. Maybe your post needs to be worded a little better there. But if you want to help lower your nation's average IQ by promoting the fact that it's OK to sit at the back and doze off, fine by me.

actually, school in America IS pretty pointless after you get out of the 9th grade, after that it's all review over the stuff you've learned, which is kind of gay that i have to go through that again just to get a piece of paper that says i know how to do all this stuff, but then again i do occasionally learn new things, but not too often.

anyway, i'm going to try and use that certificate i got for achieving exemplary on state testing, now i have a problem of how to get there...

i dont own a car :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back