Lazarus's Halo 5 Centurion project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm unsure if I'm gonna be keeping the MA5D or try to sell it after its done. I'm really happy with my knife/M6H2/ARC-920 combo I've got going now, but if anything changes, I can always print another. I can always add magnet mounts in the AR too, so it'd be back-mountable.

and thank you for the wishes! she loved her party. my party is going to consist of me going to a bar on Friday.

Heh. My sons' experiencing a growth spurth at the moment, going from "smaller in the class" last year to "second tallest" this year and I swear I can SEE him growing these days. He hopes to become tall enough to suit up in my current armor by the end of next year and if he keeps it up like this that my very well be possible. He hopes to go to cons along with his old man in another still to be build suit. So an extra gun will always find its uses somehow. :)

May I ask, what is the weight of your MA5D and what % of infill did you throw at it ?

Kaween: The complete model will probably weigh in around 3kg or 6.6lbs. just judging from the half that I printed taking up about 7/8ths of a spool. I used 13% infil with 3 perimeters, and 3 shells (top/bottom)

Mara: I know! isn't it cute? my one shin is totally pink while the other is half pink, and a mix of blue, black, and silver

13% ? Wow. Never went below 20% myself. Good to know. What kind of printer/software/filament setup are you running ?

I'm using a Folgertech (if you can call it that anymore...) Prusa i3 that's been modified a good bit by me (new RAMPS/Megaboard, larger Y carriage plate, new X carriage, dual hot end, Bowden extruders, etc) and I use Simplify3D for a slicing software. Filament is just 1.75mm PLA from Ohfila. it isn't the highest quality, but it works.

and 13% infil works great. normally for a decently detailed print, you want to go at least 15. 10 starts to get ugly, so I picked the middle ground. doing something like 30% infil on massive pieces like this would 1. take forever and 2. would use an exorbitant amount of filament.

I'm unsure if I'm gonna be keeping the MA5D or try to sell it after its done. I'm really happy with my knife/M6H2/ARC-920 combo I've got going now, but if anything changes, I can always print another. I can always add magnet mounts in the AR too, so it'd be back-mountable.

and thank you for the wishes! she loved her party. my party is going to consist of me going to a bar on Friday.

How much would you sell the MA5D for? and I'll have a drink on Friday for you as well.

How much would you sell the MA5D for? and I'll have a drink on Friday for you as well.

I'd estimate probably around 300-350 depending on what kind of paintjob you'd want. theres a pretty good bit of clean up associated with this dang thing.

It would be a perfect fit for Peters' Donut MC as-is. :D
Thanks for the info. Switched to Simplify3D only recently, still got a ton of learning and experimenting in front of me.

And the whole point of having an I3 is that by some point in time, none of us has that same I3 they started out with don't we ? :D
There's not all that many original parts on my P3Steel left either.

Hey everyone, super sorry about the lack of updates...just want yall to know that I do plan on finishing this beast, but its put on the backburner for now due to a pretty hectic life. between an upcoming wedding/cruise for a friend, school, and a possible move, I haven't had much time to work on much, and the majority of my pieces have been relocated so I cant work on them as much as I'd like. I should be back on the grind come June. Stay tuned!

Hey everyone, super sorry about the lack of updates...just want yall to know that I do plan on finishing this beast, but its put on the backburner for now due to a pretty hectic life. between an upcoming wedding/cruise for a friend, school, and a possible move, I haven't had much time to work on much, and the majority of my pieces have been relocated so I cant work on them as much as I'd like. I should be back on the grind come June. Stay tuned!

Lazarus215 take your time.......no rush. Take care of your business and get back to it when you can.....It's your build. Take as long as you need and/or want. We'll hold down the fort......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back