LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay or Amazon would be your best bet. If you're not sure, do some research first before making a thread here - ten minutes of Google-fu usually saves a few hours of waiting for a response here on the forums, and reduces the amount of 'question' threads we have pushing build threads down and burying them.

Be sure to buy yourself some resistors to ensure you don't blow your circuit, and buy a battery pack that'll hold the power you need to run your circuit properly. Your shopping list should be cable, resistors, LEDs, and a battery pack.

eBay or Amazon would be your best bet. If you're not sure, do some research first before making a thread here - ten minutes of Google-fu usually saves a few hours of waiting for a response here on the forums, and reduces the amount of 'question' threads we have pushing build threads down and burying them.

Be sure to buy yourself some resistors to ensure you don't blow your circuit, and buy a battery pack that'll hold the power you need to run your circuit properly. Your shopping list should be cable, resistors, LEDs, and a battery pack.
And a switch to turn them on and off! :)

but, yeah I agree with Chernobyl, try to save 405th space!.. this part of the process is covered in so many places already on the site as well as plenty of how to videos on youtube.

Sorry. Tried searching on here earlier but the results were only the top posts and not what I wanted.

Lol. There is so much here that it can be challenging. The Help! Threads that FlyinPhil mentioned (links found in the New Recruit Sticky) have tons in them alone. The search bar on the site is pretty good, you can get it to search the whole site, or just a sub forum or even search for keywords in one thread, like the Help! ones. We are happy to help of course! It's just nice when you can contain threads by asking in the Help! threads or create your own build thread and ask your questions there.

I recommend buying a flashlight, stripping it out of everything, and it's pretty much the same price.
I bought mine for like 5$ each and htey are very very bright.

Lol. There is so much here that it can be challenging. The Help! Threads that FlyinPhil mentioned (links found in the New Recruit Sticky) have tons in them alone. The search bar on the site is pretty good, you can get it to search the whole site, or just a sub forum or even search for keywords in one thread, like the Help! ones. We are happy to help of course! It's just nice when you can contain threads by asking in the Help! threads or create your own build thread and ask your questions there.

I should probably have already made a build thread, right? I'm 6 months in.

You can get what are called "reading lights" at a dollar store for (you guessed it) $1 each and they include a white LED, switch, battery, resistor, etc. The battery you'd probably want to swap out with something larger (but same 1.5v) and you can get holders for them at eBay, Amazon, Radio Shack, Digi-Key, etc. You can get several LEDs with their appropriate resistor from disassembling a flashlight which you can find anywhere from $1 to $5. You can even get them free sometimes with a Harbor Freight coupon.

I just bought these prewired LEDs for projects. Hooking them up to a battery pack with a switch would be pretty easy to do.

I also bought these a while back for different projects. They come in a bunch of different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back