Props Leekegan Smg Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great Lee, I'm very very very impressed, but however those jerks from the CCE attacked your video... man why can't they leave us alone?

I got your back sir don't worry:

@ ameriann1(you-tube): please view The Federal legal requirements to manufacture a suppressor in the United States are enumerated in Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code, or the individual states and several municipalities also have their specific requirements. Both of which are outlined in the National Firearms Act.

Quote: "(24) The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication. "

As this is a prop and not functional it is not contraband. However: if you read further you will learn that it is not illegal to own a silencer. It is however outlawed in some states to "use" a silencer.

This prop is neither illegal or functional. It is a prop for props sake. please take this into account for all of lee's work. The only thing that would make these illegal is if he shipped out a fully painted version with no orange tip (needed by law to distinguish a toy gun from a real one).

Sorry for clogging up your You-tube sir, but i don't want other people to think that you are breaking any laws, when you are in-fact not.

The terms “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication. "

As this is a prop and not functional it is not contraband. However: if you read further you will learn that it is not illegal to own a silencer. It is however outlawed in some states to "use" a silencer.

This prop is neither illegal or functional. It is a prop for props sake. please take this into account for all of lee's work. The only thing that would make these illegal is if he shipped out a fully painted version with no orange tip (needed by law to distinguish a toy gun from a real one).

Knowledge beats ignorance once again! lol

back on topic. Awesome SMG Lee! you've got mad wood-working skills :)

I will be the third for that suggestion. The smg just looks so much more.... badass with them off. It looks more realistic like the other weapons you have made. It wont stop anyone from loving this prop, but the smg just looks so much better without them. anyways, thats my 2 cents. keep up the good work!

I am completely and utterly impressed!

I would like to know what kind of wood and tools you used.

As an amateur wood worker I am really interested :D

Lord Devious said:
I am completely and utterly impressed!

I would like to know what kind of wood and tools you used.

As an amateur wood worker I am really interested :D

I use poplar. My main tools are a scroll saw, table sander, drill press, radial arm saw, razor knife, files, and small chisels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out your other suggestion and made the changes.

[media]
SMGODST.jpg
[/media]

WMHunterTLS said:
Looks awesome, you have the clip figured :) . Here is what I would recomend for you to do with some parts to make it look better.

Edit:

Sight.jpg

LeeKegan said:
I checked out your other suggestion and made the changes.

[media]
SMGODST.jpg
[/media]

Wow... it's amazing how just making a few small changes to some of the details can really improve the look of a prop. I'm liking that new sight a lot. Great work as usual, buddy! :)

Thanks to everyone.

I will start making the molds this weekend and we will see where we go from there.

This is really impressive Lee, the amount of work you put into all your weapons is amazing. I like the way you have made the stock fold in and fore-grip fold up and then where you said taking off the front means you have the standard SMG. This brings me to my question, are you planning on molding this model as the ODST and then molding it as a standard or will the molded models be able to change like your wooden model?

I would imagine what he'll be doing is molding the SMG and the attachments separate from one another, to give people the option of having it stock or as the ODST version. That's just my take on it, though :cool

Chris C said:
This is really impressive Lee, the amount of work you put into all your weapons is amazing. I like the way you have made the stock fold in and fore-grip fold up and then where you said taking off the front means you have the standard SMG. This brings me to my question, are you planning on molding this model as the ODST and then molding it as a standard or will the molded models be able to change like your wooden model?

Thanks and to your question look below.

SPARTAN II said:
I would imagine what he'll be doing is molding the SMG and the attachments separate from one another, to give people the option of having it stock or as the ODST version. That's just my take on it, though :cool

Ding Ding: Your are so right my friend. Why have two seperate weapons when they can just add a few parts to make it the ODST version and two weapons in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back