Leonidas Helmet - 3D Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceHigh

As there seemed to be demand for a pep of Leonidas helmet, I took the liberty to make the .obj file. A_Guardian has promised to do an unfold for those interested.

Obj file: Leonidas Helmet v 2

LeonidasHelmet.jpg

Everyone knows skip has one too right? Though it does cost about 4 dollars. Anyways, I was actually the one to commission him. This one looks great too, and it now everyone has one that didnt want to pay for it.

WRising said:
Everyone knows skip has one too right? Though it does cost about 4 dollars. Anyways, I was actually the one to commission him. This one looks great too, and it now everyone has one that didnt want to pay for it.

That's the problem with commissions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im working on the unfold.

And there are a couple of unconnected triangles.

I will most likely attache flaps, but just so you peeps know there superposed to be there.

A_Guardian said:
And there are a couple of unconnected triangles.

Has this got to do with my modelling or with the unfold? If there's a potential problem, I'd like to know what to look out for.

Thanks for the comments guys. Just to make clear, this is 100% my own produce (well, appart from copying the helmet look), I do not and will never steal or claim to have done work of others.

I did the shield as well. I hardly think I will make the spear as it would be really easy to produce without pep.

Obj file: Spartan Shield

SpartanShield.jpg

AceHigh said:
Has this got to do with my modelling or with the unfold? If there's a potential problem, I'd like to know what to look out for.

I dont know, most likely the model.

Nothing big, just a couple of unconnected edges.

As i said i will add tabs so you can still build it.

Hey, finished a real quick sloppy unfold.

Clean enough to build, but not up to my standards.

Also i didnt put any tabs on the triangles yet.

Ta-DAAAA!!!!

I will be cleaning it up, but want to see if anyone can build it real quick.

I am too much of a perfectionist to let triangles pass, so I went back and revamped the helmet. The problem was in the seam between the cupola and the ridge, there were some loose vertices that I didn't notice when I checked it after joining them. I think I got rid of all loose ends so to speak, the new version opens up a lot better. I can't save in pep though. I changed the link in the first post to give the new, better helmet.

sidewayz said:
anyone know the scale on this?

the scale on the unfold is 290mm tall.

i dont know what the scal for the ral helmet would be.

AceHigh said:
I am too much of a perfectionist to let triangles pass, so I went back and revamped the helmet. The problem was in the seam between the cupola and the ridge, there were some loose vertices that I didn't notice when I checked it after joining them. I think I got rid of all loose ends so to speak, the new version opens up a lot better. I can't save in pep though. I changed the link in the first post to give the new, better helmet.

Ima try to unfold this aswell.

Ill make this one cleaner before i release it thought.

And i need to remember credits. :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back