Leto Alpha Comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

Halo Fan Comic!

Finally getting round to the comic again.

Scrapped the three pilot pages and im moving directly to main story.

Page One http://forgedreclaimer.deviantart.com/art/CONTINGENCY-page1-203983567

New cover
leto_alpha_cover_art_by_forgedreclaimer-d3c5qu7.jpg

Looks cool, using ingame screenshots sometimes looks a little cheap but you pulled off pretty well.
I'll be watching this.

One of the things that makes these halo comics look bad is that they use a Cartoon Filter on the pictures, seems like a good idea but in the end it ruins the potential.

I have a question if for anybody with the answer. Im wondering, are a Spartans boots able to magnetize, like to the surface of a vessel, its important that i find out. i checked the wiki and Google caused more problems.

I have a question if for anybody with the answer. Im wondering, are a Spartans boots able to magnetize, like to the surface of a vessel, its important that i find out. i checked the wiki and Google caused more problems.
they can from what I understand.

but here's a problem.........

1. the boots generate the Mjlonir system's shields

2. getting 2 different magnetic systems to work without cancelling each other from functioning would kinda be probelmmatic

Well in the book the shielding is produce around every surface including gloves, but there was an exception, the user can adjust the field to be closer or further away from certain areas of the body. In the books, a spartan increased the shielding on his boots so he may slide. So I'm guessing that they can be lowered to a point where a magnetized boot could work, but nowhere in a the series, books, and comics has this capability been done. Mostly what happens is they kinda jump themselves from point to point grabbing anything they can.

I guess I'll leave it out than, i would have liked to use it and even though compared to other components its more of a minor system i don't want to stray far from canon. So far I've been able to keep the story within Halo canon and i don't want to leave it.

Updated the first page with a new layout to support text better, and some better effects as well.

Im still working on this. I have its story written and im ready to start making the comic pages. I scrapped the Pilot comic for this because i don't need to explain how seven spartan three's survived operation Prometheus. Thankfully my computer crashes photoshop less than any other program on my computer lol.

Cover page.

And another little bit, the UNSC ONWARD DEFIANCE heavy cruiser insignia design for the comic.

unsc_onward_defiance_by_forgedreclaimer-d3bqik4.jpg

Attachments

• leto_alpha_cover_art_by_forgedreclaimer-d3c5qu7.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 164
Yes, the boots are able to magnetize.
The Spartan chooses to enable magnetization or not, I remember reading it in TFOR...
Anyways, how'd you do that prone shot? :O

Evade ability and than cut the spartan into another scene.

Small update for the comic, the UNSC ONWARD DEFIANCE. since i don't have on in Reach i need to make one.

onward_defiance_heavy_cruiser_by_forgedreclaimer-d3brp16.jpg

Th first actual page with its actual name. Been working to get the Reach space graphics down and although it only shows the effects of the planet there's allot more to come.

The graphics will get better as i go i promise.

The only reason im really doing this comic now is that i have been planning it since long before reach came out and im hoping to use it for school work.

PS: putting six Spartans in one picture with One profile is an incredible pain.

contingency_page1_by_forgedreclaimer-d3dg2q7.jpg

Attachments

• contingency_page1_by_forgedreclaimer-d3dg2q7.jpg
    contingency_page1_by_forgedreclaimer-d3dg2q7.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 152
Ok, this is great! I have thought about doing this before.. and this is the best attempt Ive seen! You make it look absolutely credible as a way of creating a comic! Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back