Let's try this again..Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWPixy

Well a couple of months back during my Christmas Break from college, I attempted to make the Mark V armor from Halo:CE though given my time-limit and supplies it never got finished and I ended up having to scrap the project since I was moving during December as well. And from what I can tell while lurking around here, cold is bad to build in so it's a good thing it's summer. Anyway I figured the Mark V was a good way to get my feet wet with pepping and it gave me a good insight of testing my patience. Anyway I figured I'd try again and well, this is my attempt to do so. Anyone can help give me advice that would be great, though its not necessary, I'd love some feed back though.​

Armor:

Helmet:[Work in progress]
Torso:[No]
Right Forearm:[No]
Right Shoulder:[No]
Right Handplate:[No]
Left Forearm:[No]
Left Shoulder:[No]
Left Handplate:[No]
Right Thigh:[No]
Left Thigh:[No]
Right Shin:[No]
Left Shin:[No]
Right Boot:[No]
Left Boot:[No]

Shooting for October 25th to get this Armor done: 5 Months

Sources of Inspiration: Pretty much every finished armor set on this site has been an inspiration to me but honestly I'd have to say
Thorssoli has an amazing work of art with all those suits.
BLACKULA727 had an amazing Reach helmet which gives me goosebumps every time I look
Hughs I still drop my jaw when I look at his amazing ODST build and I hope to build my own ODST one day. Of course, I'd rather build a MK VI since it's a lot harder IMO and well I like a challenge.
at it.
And last but not least Longshot-X's suit is simply stunning.

Honestly I hope to get even half of what they had. Also, any other 405th in the Los Angeles Area, I'd love to talk to you and possibly ask for your help when it comes to molding and casting, figured the best way to learn would be from someone who's more experienced than me.​
:D

Thought of the day: I'm going to definitely get myself a Craft-robo. All this cutting is taking a number on my fingers.

So the helmet has been giving me a bit of trouble on scaling but I think I finally got it down. I just got the bottom piece of the helmet done, pics soon to come! But I've been reading around the forums and came across the Smooth Cast 320 slush idea where you put the smooth cast into the pepakura piece and slosh it around until it's hardened. Would anyone recommend this idea at all? Would it be better then the whole Resin, Fiberglass idea? I also got my friend working on a suit with me and he's even going to build his own suit [This is so much more better when you have someone else to work with.] Well other then that I have no real update on my armor since it's been proving to be difficult due to the scaling. Thanks!

-SWPixy

Smooth cast 321 works very well for me. But I do have to add that you need to brush on the first coat on the outside be for you do the slush method. This helps it from deforming/warping, and must be done real fast like ( less 10min.). I would say to stop at a dollar store and buy allot of cheap brushes just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back