• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRealm

Ok, Everyone keeps hounding me about the color of the lens covers I use. I use green what is the general consensus about this? DONT POST unless you have PICTURES to back up what your choices is. Thanks guys for your help.

masterchief-790576.jpg

Alright Devin, I remember talking to you about this a long while back >.< I never got around to posting it, suppose I got to buys or something.

But I remember solving it and why you think its green! I will hopefully post renders later on, but it appears green due to the fact that In the Halo games they use a thing called cubemaps to simulate RTR. But really, none of them support RTR, Halo 3 might, but I have yet to play it. Anyways, these cubemaps are supposed to simulate reflection and shifting of reflections when you move around.

These cubemaps are a reflective looking green color that has some things in it to make it look like its reflecting something. Since this is applied to the armor, this includes the "lens" on the light cover. Natraully they are white and clear, but since the cubemap is applied, it gives off a greenish reflective look. this is what confuses you and this is what the topic is about, thats why you have those green covers on your lights.

I will try to post pictures a bit later, my computer is having trouble rendering it right now >.> .

I say White. Even the ingame lights are white when you run around...

-Doom

I think they look nice... no matter what... Your work is amazing and I wont second guess that... If you want them to be black like how they are on the legendary helmet and everything then go for it... :)

well this tiresome lust you all have for good work is not helpful when someone is looking for accuracy. Telling him whatever he thinks looks good works doesn't help anything when he really wants to know the true color of the LED lenses. :cautious:

pepboy said:
well this tiresome lust you all have for good work is not helpful when someone is looking for accuracy. Telling him whatever he thinks looks good works doesn't help anything when he really wants to know the true color of the LED lenses. :cautious:
Ok then fine Mr... -.-... I think the black would be more accurate but the green look nicer... I like the way the green look personally...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back