Lights on ODST Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick221

Hey. I was wondering, are there any lights (other than attachments like flashlights) on the ODST Battle Dress Uniform? On all the reference images I have, I see none. Anyone know? My build is going to be 3D printed so knowing now would be handy as 3D prints have a honeycomb structure (kinda like bones almost) on the inside so drilling into them isn't ideal and I'm still in the digital modelling stage.

Here are a few pics:
2q8ov3r.png
2i3keb.png
10f3ls8.jpg

Thank you, noble members of the 405th,
This is 221 signing off.

Attachments

• 2q8ov3r.png
    2q8ov3r.png
    623 KB · Views: 597
  • 2i3keb.png
    2i3keb.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,788
  • 10f3ls8.jpg
    10f3ls8.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 284
A reasonably thorough trawl of Google Images indicates no lights to worry about. I guess shock troopers sometimes need to be stealthy and will most likely never be operating in zero-G or thick vapor/particulate clouds, like SPARTANs can.

The only light I know of on the ODST is a flashlight attachment on the side of the helmet.

Well, I don't know how familiar anyone is with the 501st Legion, a Star Wars based group that do a lot of costume making. They do a lot of charities and what not, sending stormtroopers to sick kids, and setting up at conventions like Comic Con raising money for charity. I think it'd be cool if we could represent the 405th in a similar way. I realize Star Wars most certainly has a larger, more passionate fan base, but I'd rather a Spartan visit me in a hospital than Darth Vader, personally.

Reactions: BAG
....What does that have to do with whether or not an ODST kit should have lights installed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back