Lobbster's Jorge Build (3d print and foam)

A new post already? whaaaaaaa????
Chestpiece is now epoxied up and is almost complete! I need to add the side pieces and figure out my magnet system and then that part will be complete. I used an entire JB weld 5 min epoxy tube on this chest so if you need a sense of scale... there you go. I also made sure to record the progress so I'll be editing and posting a video of that at some point too!

20201207_190206.jpg

Attachments

• 20201207_190221.jpg
    20201207_190221.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20201207_162619.jpg
    20201207_162619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 208
Does it count as necroing a thread if it's my thread? Anyways, graduated college so I'm back to working on our boi Jorge. Printed the new Nerdforge grenadier and it might be a wee bit small? Needs a reprint for that :p
In the meantime I will be working on the foamwork for Etilka! Hoping to finally call this project finished this summer.

20210514_140600.jpg

Whoops I forgot to update my thread again.
Did my first upper body suit up with all printed parts (minus back section)
What I learned:
  • shoulders unrigged are VERY heavy
  • 35lb magnets do the job very well. I was literally throwing these shoulders around and they never came close to coming off
  • gauntlets pressing against wrist = ouch
VideoCapture_20210626-125206.jpg

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210626-125313.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210626-125313.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 208
  • VideoCapture_20210626-125242.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210626-125242.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 215
Wow that looks cool!!

also glad to see that im not the only one who forgets that they are running a build thread

Guys, gals, and nonbinary pals welcome back to the third time I've resurrected this thread... will it be the last time? Find out this and more on the next forum post of "Lobbster always finds something but Jorge to work on!"
Currently making progress on Etilka, opted to go with a mainly insulation foam build to keep the weight down and it's been quite the learning experience. Big thanks to LD Industries for the templates!
20220710_163139.jpg

Glad to see this project coming back, it'll be great to see the big man come to life finally! Happy to see yet another member making a full Reach Spartan 3D printed

Yes! Looks awesome man, love it, even though 3d printing is cheating (just jealous I don't have one)
It's not Cheating...It's using another Skill-set to get there faster and then show how well you can get trimmed and detailed..or theres making one in Lego.... I've chosen already and I should have gone with doing a 3d print too. LOL 80)

That's right, I'm up to no good again and this time it's Jorge! I'm going to be primarily 3d printing Jorge's armor with foambuilt parts and undersuit. I also recently acquired a laser cutter so that will be used during this build!
The deets:
  • 7in tall stilts (Will make me about 6.5' tall)
  • Etilka with sounds(?)
  • LEDs EVERYWHERE APPARENTLY Jorge has no LEDs (Thanks KaeSpoon)
  • Fans EVERYWHERE
  • Primarily 3d printed
  • Foam parts being: boots, backpack, and Etilka
The objective is to get this done by Halo Outpost Discovery 2020 and then premiere it at that or Sci Fi Valley Con.
Update: Thanks to the lovely pandemic that decided to drop by all that stuff is not a thing, not sure when this project will be completed but hopefully sometime over the summer of 2021.

Spring 2022? This project keeps getting delayed...
I'll do my best to keep it updated as I go.
Me Scaled against game model (at aproximately 87%)
Updated photo with final scaling and final files used (helmet swapped for the Nerdforge Version)
View attachment 299950
3d printing to do:
File creator also listed below

Helmet ✔
Chest ✔
EVA shoulderpad ✔
Grenadier Shoulderpad ✔
Biceps ✔
Forearms ✔
Handplates ✔
Codpiece ✔
Thighs ✔
shins ✔
Kneepads
Foam to do:
undersuit (commissioned from the lovely ODCA )
boots
neckseal ✔
backpack
Etilka

3d printed files creators:
MoeSizzlac - foreams, handplates, shins
Nerdforge - Helmet, chest, biceps, EVA & Grenadier shoulderpads, thighs
Navedguerraa - codpiece, kneepads
Nice layout there. Don't feel bad about it taking a while to do, My helmet has seen 2 years of interrupted work and still I can't find the right gear to finish the build. ONE question though? Is the chest you are printing a complete panel with semblances of the parts or are they complete parts fitted into the torso? eg. Is the canister a canister or, is it the front of one? I'm looking to build a fully functional torso as I need to carry real oxygen as a boost.

Nice layout there. Don't feel bad about it taking a while to do, My helmet has seen 2 years of interrupted work and still I can't find the right gear to finish the build. ONE question though? Is the chest you are printing a complete panel with semblances of the parts or are they complete parts fitted into the torso? eg. Is the canister a canister or, is it the front of one? I'm looking to build a fully functional torso as I need to carry real oxygen as a boost.
The canister attaches onto the existing reach torso so it is not a complete canister.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back