Props locostorm's cardboard creations

locostorm

Jr Member
So i have been making a lot of cardboard weapons lately but have failed to put them on here so here they are. the spiker and the O.D.S.T smg i made have no pics right now but ill post them asap
IMAG0007.jpg first the brute-shot i have been working on
20160210_072636.jpeg next the assault rifle that i finished. has light up ammo counter.

Let me know what you think and give me ideas for my next project.

FlyinPhil

Marketplace Supervisor
Community Staff
Lookin good locostorm! The one thing I would suggest for improvement is to use a string tied to a pencil/pen to make your circles and curves perfectly round. For cardboard, this is looking pretty great! How do you plan to finish/seal it?

locostorm

Jr Member
Lookin good locostorm! The one thing I would suggest for improvement is to use a string tied to a pencil/pen to make your circles and curves perfectly round. For cardboard, this is looking pretty great! How do you plan to finish/seal it?
I was thinking plastidip. And ya i should have made the circles like that but hind sight is 20-20. I know you use foam alot but do you have any advice for making curved edges?

FlyinPhil

Marketplace Supervisor
Community Staff
If you mean like cutting the large radius curves, in foam I usually do a few light passes with a sharp blade until I finally cut through. For rounding edges after they have been cut, I use either sandpaper or a rotary tool (dremel)

locostorm

Jr Member
If you mean like cutting the large radius curves, in foam I usually do a few light passes with a sharp blade until I finally cut through. For rounding edges after they have been cut, I use either sandpaper or a rotary tool (dremel)
Thanks! that should help alot.