LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

"We maintained the exact same visor area from the
first helmet but sculpted an entirely new helmet
around it. The yellow visor part shown was vac
formed for a good solid air tight fit to the final
resin cast helmet."

They vac formed the visor!!! i knew it was possable!!

link4044

Sr Member
you still cant see out of it...theres a small section that was cut out and they placed a motorcycle shield in it, so thats the only place thats visible

NZTK

Im not sure why you think this is exciting? vacforming has been around for a long time. Its not very difficult, its also been discussed before many times on this forum.
ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE EVA
I don't think anyone ever said that it is, did they? If so, they've been grossly misinformed
Very cool costumes on the link though :) I've chatted a bit with the sculptor that did those, Dave somebody, he's on a few forums I use. Very talented and helpful chap, makes some amazing batman stuff among other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

I've been saying, if you want a eva visor, vacuum form a clear one, then gold tint it, otherwise, there is no other way, you cant just buy then.

AoBfrost

That seems the easiest, vacuum forming isnt cheap anyways. You'll spent 100+ dollars just making a visor.

Also, for a pep one, just paint it gold/silver then get a gold or silver visor and cut it into pieces, cut out the indented areas of the visor, and put the gold/silver visor there, you can see slightly from the sides and the front.

rpalmer919

AoBfrost said:
I've been saying, if you want a eva visor, vacuum form a clear one, then gold tint it, otherwise, there is no other way, you cant just buy then.
Vacu-forming isn't the problem, gold-tinting what you vacu-form is. If you use regular window-tint you run into two problems: it will get air bubbles due to gas given off by the plastic, and it doesn't conform to a compound curve. I spent the better part of two weeks contacting various companies I found on the internet to see if I could find one that would apply a gold mirror coating to vacuformed plastic, but came up empty... the only hope you would have, and this is a long shot mind you, would be to know someone who works in a shop where they make motorcycle visors, and get them to tint it for you. But, like I said, that's a long shot...

AoBfrost

Golg tint is vinyl, you need a heatgun to make it stretch, vinyl can keep color and shine with stretching, lightly blown with a heatgun, you can make vinyl adhere to any shape.

grid 187

thisismadness2 said:
i still think eva is ugly and if this visor was used that be horrid i will still expirement with eva stuff though
Agreed!!!