looking for builds with high amounts of electronics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonn3k

Hello everyone, I've been looking at some awesome builds lately and I'm really interested in making something high tech-ish to put into my build so I was wondering if anyone knows of any builds that incorporate cool electronics or thing's like that, maybe even some arduino's or mini-pc's inside of the suit? :p

Thanks, leon

Iron man suits can have quite a few bells and whistles

also, promethean knights show alot of promise in their complexity as well.

I think what's being asked for here are member projects that are incorperating electronics, SodaPop, not potential projects that would require a lot of electronics. But I might be wrong.

Avery, if I had to guess I'm thinking Leonn3k is looking for something a bit more complex then fans or simple lighting. Personally I can't think of too many projects I've seen that have had anything mroe than lights and fans, except one or two Iron Man helmets that had actuators to open the faceplate. And a handful of smart phone or ipod docks using the Reach tac pad or UGPS brackets.

Arduino, according to their website:

Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments.

The gyst of which seems to be about reactive and programmable electronics. For example, a network of pulsating blue and white LEDs that are activated by assuming the proper position to create an "armor lock"-esque effect, but are otherwise unseen. Or something that recreates the mechanics and lighting efects of a plasma weapon overheating. Or a much more basic application: helmet LED "searchlights" that only come on in low-light or no-light situations.

So far, though, most heavily teched-out projects are only in concept or pipe-dream status. I've heard people talking about wanting to put in night vision, or incorperate a gaming headset into the helmet so they don't need to take it off to play online. I've even started a thread about the potential applications of Google's "Project Glass" if/when it becomes available. But not very many have been able to take the step from design to actual build, likely because gadgetry is in many ways the most expensive part of the project, and a lot of people are on a tight budget these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back