• HDR-FX7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The one I suggested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboos318

I have a few questions if you don't mind my asking. We are in the market for a good camera with a camera budget of about $2000-$2400 with a every thing we will need, like a tri-pod, filters (if needed), a long lasting battery, etc. Here are a couple i have found that look pretty good:

1. HVR A1U

2. HDR-FX7

The first one really has my interest. If you know more about cameras then i do, are these worth the money or do you have other suggestions, please let me know. I would tell you what we are looking for in a camera, but if your posting here, I'm sure you know, lol.

As for audio, we will have our cast with wireless mics. So, can 2 or 3 mics be recorded to one camera or to the same receiver?

Well I don't know if you can afford it, but I would try to stay away from HDV footage. Some can look pretty good but you're not getting full HD quality out of them. It's shrinking the image and using a long GOP compression method to fit the larger frame size onto the same exact DV tape. Also, problems may arise during editing of HDV footage since there isn't a true frame every single frame, rather an "I" frame once every few frames, the rest are just interpolated. So if you cut on a frame that isn't an "I" frame you might get errors unless encoding all the footage to a different format.

Anyways, that's my input.

I have not used an HD camera befor, i didnt know it made a differenc, but if i am only planning on using DV not HDV would that still make a difference?

Well DV is basically standard def, while HDV is "high def". It would still look better. I'm not saying HDV is bad, you just might run into problems when editing.

each one has one thing better than the other like the Fx7 has better zoom, but I would go with the A1u because it has plugins you are going to need for mics and other equipment. and it already has a better mic than the other, and it has the different support for different types of shooting, 24p for film like quality and better with editing. I don't know it the other one has it.

As for HD vs SD when editing, I don't have a problem and I use Premiere Pro with After Effects. But sadly I dont have enough for one of those cameras so I deal with a consumer hd camera that is a sony.

As for your question about mics, well it depends on the mics, some mics you can buy has a receiver for them and with it multiple mics can go to one camera. SO depends on your receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back