Looking For Help With My Homemade Halo Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbdenstore

Jr Member
Okey, so i tried doing a decent halo game. It was hard. I have done games before, but they look like crap and so... Now im wondering, anyone whant to help me? I need people that know how to draw good looking rocks, trees, forunner structures, all that stuf finside the pillar of autum, u get the point. All that stuff that you get to jump over, go past and so. To make the levels more good looking. I have (taken) a sprite set of Chief, with weapons, and veihicles. I am currently trying to inplant real 2D physics into the game. If i manage to do that, i can make drivable banshees, warthogs and so. I also, may need som help from people that have used Game maker 7, more than me. I may be able to do it myself, but som help and tips is always appreciated. Thank you people of the 405th.com !
//TB
8/12-2008
Here is some of the screenshots i took in my 2 first versions of the game. They both suck, therefor i ask for help:
Version 1.0 BETA
Chief gets droped by the pelican
screenshot_01.PNG

Chief sees the gun, picks it up
screenshot_02.PNG

Chief starts to shot at the terain.
screenshot_03.PNG

---------------------
UPDATE 9/12-2008
Version 1.1 BETA
NEW first map, in the cryo bay.
screenshot_04.PNG

The charger, that chareges the Mjolnir Armor.
screenshot_05.PNG

The door out...
screenshot_06.PNG

--------------------
10/12-2008
Been working in trying to get decent physics into the game. And making a good warthog.
No real uppdate thougth.

Here you can download my first version of the game, just to see how bad it is. :/

Download V 1.0 BETA link

Help whould be hugly appreciated! :D

Pretty much looks like Sprites you took off Google and you put a gun in his hands...

You should finish it before offering it for download, people won't download a new version everyday.

Try to make your own sprites if you can, from scratch. Those sprites look edited off of Megaman.

As LastSpartan said, no need to put up an update every time you add a new thing. Maybe once per level, but no more. Updating too often reduces your time for working on the game! ;)

Ehm... let's see, what else... I'm assuming the bullet and landscape sprites are terrible because it's just started, but landscape and terrain is what you should work on making look good first (Aside from the character). It's what the players see the most, and if it's ugly, they won't play.

One last thing, if you're going to implement a gravity hammer, I have a WIP sprite of one that you can use. Just throwing it out there.

Okeeey. Well u got a point there, i took the sprites from google. :)() But i have tried making sprites myself, but they look like dog-crap. (U cant be good at everything, right?!) This level, i have just made to test "the chief". Im still trying to get animations working while he jump, run and so on. As u can see, its pretty much more work to be done there... :)
I was thinking like, first i make the game work, at least a litle, then i make it look good. With all the stuff u expext from a halo game. (forunner structurs, shields, trees, rocks,) Im gonna try amking it look a litle like Halo CE.
Im gonna TRY making theese things into the game, but some thing, is just to hard for me. (If someone here know more about Game Maker than me, and whant to help, it whould be gladly accepted)

All the human weapons from halo CE
All covenant weapons from halo CE
U can drive: Warthog, tank, banshee, shade, ghost
U can uppgrade ur "Chief" with diffrent parts. (the armor permutations from Halo 3)
Enemys: Grunts, jackals, elites, hunters, flood, sentineils
The maps are gonna be placed on one of the Halos.

If anyone els got some idea of what i shall try putting in this game, or whant to help. Plzz dont hesitate to post a reply!
Thx for ur time! :D

Ah, game maker, brings back memories.

You might want to start organising the revisions into actual Updates and start an update log, that way it's more organised and easier to keep track.

ILikeCats said:
Ah, game maker, brings back memories.

You might want to start organising the revisions into actual Updates and start an update log, that way it's more organised and easier to keep track.

Revisions? What is that? Update log? Can u gimi a link, to someone who has done this, so i can se how i should do it.
Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw something similar fan-made game like this before. It looked okay but he didn't really get the storyline right
I didn't play it but I read about it and it bugged the crap out of me that the entire game completly contradicted all offical halo-story. I hope you don't do the same mistake

Tengil said:
I saw something similar fan-made game like this before. It looked okay but he didn't really get the storyline right
I didn't play it but I read about it and it bugged the crap out of me that the entire game completly contradicted all offical halo-story. I hope you don't do the same mistake

Ehrm... I was just thinking about making a game that looked like Halo CE, but with its own short story... where u basicly just go around killing stuff ^^

But i could/shoud be able to folow the story, a litle bit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back