Pepakura Looking for low poly Halo 4 Master Chief pep files

Status
Not open for further replies.
How low poly are you looking for it to be? If the Armory pep file is still too high definition, have a look at the foam files - they're generally less complex than pep files (though in this case, it actually looks like the one labled for pep is less complex, just by looking at the preview):

If you know how to unfold files, you can take a high quality model into Blender, then run the "decimate geometry" modifier. This is an easy way to reduce poly count whilst still having fidelity on how much it removes details, though you might end up with a combination of quads and tris (AKA four and three sided faces). There are ways to fix that though.

How low poly are you looking for it to be? If the Armory pep file is still too high definition, have a look at the foam files - they're generally less complex than pep files (though in this case, it actually looks like the one labled for pep is less complex, just by looking at the preview):

If you know how to unfold files, you can take a high quality model into Blender, then run the "decimate geometry" modifier. This is an easy way to reduce poly count whilst still having fidelity on how much it removes details, though you might end up with a combination of quads and tris (AKA four and three sided faces). There are ways to fix that though.
I do have some skill in Blender, so I might try it. The pep files in the armory are a little too complex for me; I'm looking for something a little simpler. Would foam templates work on paper?

I do have some skill in Blender, so I might try it. The pep files in the armory are a little too complex for me; I'm looking for something a little simpler. Would foam templates work on paper?
It would be a little difficult, as foam templates can get away with parts stretching and compressing where paper can not. You could take a foam template and break up the sections that bend on two different axes, so that the paper can bend/fold on the joint

Also, the foam templates usually have the glue tabs removed as the edge of the foam is enough surface for glueing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back