Looking Foreword To Last .fm Facebook And Twit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadwarrior

Yeah, I"M REALLY ANNOYED ABOUT IT. Mostly not being able to listen to music that exceeds my music library, like WTFH? I've been looking all day on google trying to find some way to "Hack" or change my age on my account. Just more BS of entering you're age truthfully from now on I'm just putting 1989 on all my new accounts for anything.

Sorry, I just feal really ripped off. Why the H am I paying 50$ a year and getting half of Xbox live? It just makes no F sense at all. :\

are you talking about child account on xbox live?

I went to hotmail and changed my date of birth to like 1900 lol

no more problems,but I have done this along time ago and I don't remember the catch.

best of luck!

MikyVengeance said:
are you talking about child account on xbox live?

I went to hotmail and changed my date of birth to like 1900 lol

no more problems,but I have done this along time ago and I don't remember the catch.

best of luck!

you mean you changed you're email to one that was older? I did that set it to 1989 but I still get the "This account not permitted to download content with this rating" it only affects demos and videos since family settings are for the most part turned off using the family settings menu. And now that I canged my windows live account I have to wait 30 days before I can do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only Microsoft would enforce M rated games like this lol, at least that would make some sense. Maybe then the media would stop jumping on violence like in MW2.

However I would say, you can be mad at Microsoft, but its their right to do what they want, and you cannot blame them for being responsible, its a stupid thing to put an age limit on, but I am glad to see somebody at least following through on age restrictions. Its better than an empty threat I guess. I assume part of it is the Explicit rating on some music.

Does anybody know if Microsoft also blocks the download of GTA4 and other M rated games from the games on demand section for underage gamers?

SpartanPhalanx1 said:
If only Microsoft would enforce M rated games like this lol, at least that would make some sense. Maybe then the media would stop jumping on violence like in MW2.

However I would say, you can be mad at Microsoft, but its their right to do what they want, and you cannot blame them for being responsible, its a stupid thing to put an age limit on, but I am glad to see somebody at least following through on age restrictions. Its better than an empty threat I guess. I assume part of it is the Explicit rating on some music.

Does anybody know if Microsoft also blocks the download of GTA4 and other M rated games from the games on demand section for underage gamers?

IMO M games aren't even considered that violent nowadays by the people playing them, I kinda think most of them are kinda tame. like Halo it would be a T game but you have people swearing so the ESRB go's: Oh noz he said a cuzz word we'll haz to makez this Mzzzz! and the main reason from what I've heard the newz "Jumped" on Mod2 is because the US gets attacked and the news go's: Omagawd the wite house is on fire Omagawd this game is terrorist training game Omagawd. But, GOW2-1 to me those are a tad gory but that's why it's cool. There are some pretty gory games, just most of the M games I feal aren't M material.

Although if you take video game gore and put it in real life I'd be : OMG WTF THAT GUY JUST EXPLODED IN MY FACE OMG SO f FREAKED OUT RIGHT NOW! So it's really all about what context it's in., to me atleast

now on topic.

Ofcorse MS might and probably will change it so all accounts can use it due to a riot that I will...

Last edited by a moderator:
TV does the same thing, or at least bleeps the swearing. Is there a way that you can get parental consent to be able to use the features? At the very least you can use your parents credit card to set you d.o.b. back to 1990.

Technically Gamestops and movie theaters are supposed to check your age before letting you buy an M game or watch an R movie, though that is hit or miss. I know my local Gamestop sort of checks depending on how busy they are, and only one of the local theaters check.

You can... riot.... all you want but Microsoft knows that it is more important to not piss off the parents than the kids, at least for something as non-important as this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back