Looking to make E.V.A Gen2 armor help? suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh MeTa

im obvi new here but ive always wanted to create the eva armor cause im a RVB fan and i love the META so i want to rock that same armor but the updated version.

all i know is that i want to make it with foam not fiberglass ive seen some awesome armor make out of foam and if i wasn't told it was foam i would of never guessed.

but i dont even know where to start where can i find blueprints for the armor what tools and items i need how to detail, paint ect so if i can get some knowledge i would be infinitely grateful
armor-sr26-27-37.jpg

Well, since there are no foam files for EVA on the repo (http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6...l?detailView=true&sortAsc=true&sortsMode=NAME) you've got three options:
1. Freehand it based on whatever pictures you can find. It sounds crazy but at least for me after you stare at the armor long enough it starts to get imprinted into your soul :)lol)
2. Get paper pepakura files (if they exist, which they aren't in the file repo) and convert them for foam yourself. I've been doing this for my project and it's really not very hard. You basically just set the flap size to zero and move all the tiny pieces that you won't need for foam out of the way. Most of the time you'll want to do little detail work afterwards that you'll have to freehand anyway.
3. Get the raw models from the file archive and unfold in pep for foam yourself or ask someone to do the pep work for you

what do you mean by foam files? keep in mind i have absolutely no idea what im doing i just so badly want to do it.
and as for free handing.....sounds like it would be hard mainly because im no artist and i dont trust my drawing skills at all lol but if i cant make the gen 2 armor ill just go for the original cause at the end of the day i just want to do the META proud.

what do you mean by foam files? keep in mind i have absolutely no idea what im doing i just so badly want to do it.
and as for free handing.....sounds like it would be hard mainly because im no artist and i dont trust my drawing skills at all lol but if i cant make the gen 2 armor ill just go for the original cause at the end of the day i just want to do the META proud.
OK well, you have probably heard the term Pepakura or Pep quite a lot... that is the name of a piece of software that allows you to print out blueprints on paper that you can then fold and glue together. The whole process of fabricating armor in that method has been dubbed the pepakura method because of that.

So, that's what a pep file is. It's the file that you can open in Pepakura Designer and print and build. So a foam pep file (or just foam file) is basically the same, but when you're building with foam you don't need tabs and you don't need all the tiny pieces - many of the smaller pieces can be removed. So you then print the foam file out and trace it onto your foam which you then cut and assemble. It's basically a blueprint like you said.

It sounds to me like you need to do a lot of googling and reading threads - I took almost a week just doing research on how it's done and stuff before I even started the first steps of building my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back