Lost My Hero....rip Dad Love Ya Miss Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was good that you were able to visit him and be close to him at the end of his life. My condolences for you and your family. I hope the final preparations go smoothly. RIP.

Thanx guys this means so much to me. Everytime I go to me thread it makes me cry with all the kind words. Once again thanx for being here for me

My condolences, Link. I can't even imagine how it's like. I am really sorry for your loss. :(

My thoughts go to you and your family. May the Old Man Rest in Peace.

Dear Link sir,

I wish you and your family the best in this time. Having met you recently at the past DragonCon, if your father was anything like you the world lost a very special person. It's hard seeing a good person fight the fight and not make it. I only hope you'll remember everything he tried to teach you in your life together and honor his life lessons he tried to instill on you as any good father would. My condolences.

Sincerely,

Kensai

Oh Link, I am so sorry. :(

I lost my father 8 years ago; I barely knew him, but it was still very hard to cope with. You and your family will be in my prayers, and be thankful that you got to spend time with him in his last days, I'm sure that meant the world and more to him.

*hugs* My deepest condolences and sympathy to you in this sad time.

~Grace

Hay Coratna im also sorry about your loss. I could not even amgine my life without my father. my most heartfelt condolences to the both of you.

Oh, man, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to grasp just how hard this has to be for you. If I was a religious man, your family would be in my prayers.

I guess, you can be happy that he's no longer dealing with that great pain he must have been in. That must be the only bright spot, though.

Link, you and your family have my sincerest condolences.

You and your family have my condolences and prayers. I can not even begin to imagine the pain that you are feeling now...

I have no doubt that he was a great father and a great man. I also believe that he is probably looking down upon you now.

I'm so sorry and God Bless...

.............................--......................................

............................|+|......................................

............................|+|.....................................

......===========|+|============...........

............................--......................................

he is in a better place.. i'm sorry link.

i know your pain, when my aunt died in a crash... i was 10.....and i had just gotten back from my sumer camp. Trust me when i say this, I know how it feels dude. Your family has my condolences bro. i remember seeing by great aunt before she moved on... she was hype up off of morphine, but she knew that she was going to a better place. I bet he was a great guy. my prayers dude.

im just like my dad was, funny, kinda quite, very creative. he taught me verything i knew about building things, he was good with his hands and i was still learning from him up to his passing

he had helped me get started in the prop world

link4044 said:
Thanx guys this means so much to me. Everytime I go to me thread it makes me cry with all the kind words. Once again thanx for being here for me

If anything proves how much of a family people truly become on here, this is it. I think this is a perfect example of how a true community should come together in a time of tragedy.

link4044 said:
im just like my dad was, funny, kinda quite, very creative. he taught me verything i knew about building things, he was good with his hands and i was still learning from him up to his passing

he had helped me get started in the prop world

Then as it was mentioned before, the world lost a truly wonderful person indeed. He will be missed greatly. Take of you and yours link!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry link. ALL of my thoughts and prayers are with you! Man, By the sounds of it, he was an awesome man. I wish you, and your family the best of luck in your time.

Aw, damn... I know I'm a couple days late to this, but my heart-felt condolences to you and your family during this most difficult of times.

Having lost a parent (mother) I myself was very close to at a young age, I can sympathize with what you must be going through, and what you must be feeling right now. It's never easy losing a loved one, particularly one you were very close to.

If it's any consolation, even though it may not seem like it at the moment, it does get easier. If you're anything like me, that's probably the last thing you want to hear right now, but take it from one who knows.

As much as I miss my mother at times, I find it comforting to think that she's still with me in some way, watching over me as I carry on with my own life, and is proud of who I've become. Perhaps it'll help you to think that, too.

Considering how much alike you and your dad were in terms of personality and also personal/professional interests (ie. prop building), as you're sorta following in his foot steps a part of him continues to live on through you, and that's no small feat. Just some food for thought.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. If you need to talk or anything, like with Dave you can also hit me up with a PM and we'll talk. I can shoot you my phone number if that would be easier.

Hang in there, buddy :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back