M6 J/C Magnum, Carbine variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

S225

Hello again everyone!

I've recently finished an M6 C 3D print and found that among the many variations of the pistol, exists a carbine version. This info comes form some of the Halo wikis along with some lore and details.

I did a quick google search and along with a few pieces of fan art for it, I found an almost 7 year old thread on the 405th by toomtoomx. However, this thread died after only 5 posts and a few images of their model.

( Image pulled form the Halo fandom wiki )
Wiki M6j.png

A few important details about this M6 is that it has a 35.5 cm ported barrel, picatinny rails and a detachable stock. It's designation as the M6 J/C (or M6 J depending on the wiki) gave me an idea to how to start this little project, as I am assuming that the "J" is the carbine aspect of the gun and the "C" is the operational/internals of it.

The magnum I printed is able to be taken down with the removal of a single pin (nail), leaving the barrel and slide apart from the handle, trigger and hand guard.
20210716_233015.jpg

Ultimately I'd like to design this around the "working" bits of the prop and create an extended barrel, hand guard/under barrel grip, handle and stock that the original barrel and slide will slot into and pin together! I'd done a little bit of brain storming of what this thing would look like before finding images of it and will be taking a creative approach to its design, basing it around my M6 C print. Again, I'm very much an amateur at 3D modeling but I really want to see if I can get some good looking and printable results out of this.

Stay tuned for updates!

Last edited:
Holy crud, would never of known that was the magnum without someone pointing it out. This is gonna be cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back