M6D First Time Pep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispychicken49

EDIT: New OP! Started build slightly down the page.

Sorry for a very delayed absence from the forums. I recently bought a new printer and would like to be able to start pep-armor. However since I'm a newcomer to pep-work, I want to start off with something simple and easy to pep so I can build up my skill to make a decent set of armor.

This will turn into a build thread once I get the pep. I'd like it to be a weapon, and not a piece of armor. That way I won't have a million sets of one section of armor. What are some suggestions for a pep-weapon?

(Maybe with one of the copies I can experiment with molding or making it fully-functional.)

I agree with fox - The magnum is super easy. If you were going to do a helmet , the Halo 2 ODST helmet is the easiest pepakura model I've ever seen. You could get it together in a day or two. Good luck bro!

Also to make it easier look at everything in Pepakure viewer to see how it goes. A little more time consuming but has made a huge difference for me on the arms. Just my opinion.

Thanks guys!

I've been looking in Pep-Viewer to see which part is what and all that. I think I've gotten some good progress. Folds aren't the smoothest, but they're pretty crisp!

8038098472_5c27407d2d_z.jpg

Got the paper printed!

8038097712_3dbccc43c6_z.jpg

Don't forget tools! Include an X-Acto knife, and Garland Police Ruler! (Two pens aren't shown in photo but are there.)

8038096988_8a6786233b_z.jpg

After a couple hours this is what I got. Not bad, going nice and slow too.

Unfortunately I don't have hot glue yet, so I had to use superglue. Kicking myself now because I had a minor Asthma attack due to the fumes. Hopefully I'll get some hot glue soon!

Tell me what you guys think! I'm sure this will be huge! Plus I always liked the big look with the overextended magazine, looks nice and powerful!

As soon as you can, get away from Pepakura Viewer. While it might be well enough for weapons, it is useless when it comes to armor. With Viewer, you cannot scale the size of the armor pieces, which is essential. You will want to download and install Pepakura Designer.

Also, pepping a weapon for your first project is not the best idea (I'm honestly not sure why foxleader and JBetts would suggest it). While the Magnum is the easiest weapon to pep, weapons can get pretty complex in pepakura since it is a closed model, unlike a helmet that has an opening. However, I see that you have already started pepping a magnum, and it looks good so far. Which file are you using?

The Halo 2 ODST helmet IS a very good beginner piece. It will help you get the feel of pepakura so you can move on to bigger and better things.

As soon as you can, get away from Pepakura Viewer. While it might be well enough for weapons, it is useless when it comes to armor. With Viewer, you cannot scale the size of the armor pieces, which is essential. You will want to download and install Pepakura Designer.

Also, pepping a weapon for your first project is not the best idea (I'm honestly not sure why foxleader and JBetts would suggest it). While the Magnum is the easiest weapon to pep, weapons can get pretty complex in pepakura since it is a closed model, unlike a helmet that has an opening. However, I see that you have already started pepping a magnum, and it looks good so far. Which file are you using?

The Halo 2 ODST helmet IS a very good beginner piece. It will help you get the feel of pepakura so you can move on to bigger and better things.

I'm using the M6D from Wyatt Croxtan from the Pep Index. Pepakura Designer is what I'm using, not sure why I said Viewer, haha!

I can tell the weapons may be a little harder later on with the very small parts. Probably wood would be the best thing to make weapons, but I'm not very good with wood. My next pep will probably be the Halo 2 ODST Helmet.

Again, thanks everyone for you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back