M7 sniper progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGLordBert

With all three of my printers finally up and running. Here’s my work so far on an m7 sniper. Several prints done with several prints to go. Using a file I found on thingiverse. Using lightweight PLA and pvc for stability. There will also be a second pvc for the bottom barrel. I’ll probably make the bipod with brass rod. I’ll post updates as I go.
E71AA003-4108-4008-ABC0-EC512BA25A43.jpegD7225DF9-3A2B-4E83-9458-AA93A42F287A.jpegE64450FD-F17F-4546-9451-58C414D005A0.jpegE7FA51EE-488E-402F-B5F0-B1F0080FC14F.jpeg

::::Update::::

Got some more parts printed and added. Had to do a BUNCH of boring out for the pvc because the print settings messed with the hole size. So the pvc wouldn’t fit. And after a couple parts snapping and me salvaging them… it’s coming along.

Scope parts are printing now… all that remains is the bi-pod attachment and then post processing.

166E27FA-231E-4347-A5D4-4E1D291FF5EF.jpeg

:::update:::

Got a little bit more done. Not much. Been mostly working on armor for my friend Elmo. But it’s coming. Got some glazing spot putty to smooth out some trouble areas. Gonna sand and then fiberglass resin the barrel. Bipod attachments are printing now. Then the rest of the scope.
25DE6D86-DFA1-45E0-A5C1-4B191BEBEFF7.jpeg

What fiberglass are you using and to what benefit? Just adding strength?
Just using bondo fiberglass resin. The basic stuff. It helps fill and smith layer lines on prints. And it’s less post processing. Instead of sanding 10-15 times, I only have sand a couple. Plus it does add extra strength to rigidity of the item.

Just using bondo fiberglass resin. The basic stuff. It helps fill and smith layer lines on prints. And it’s less post processing. Instead of sanding 10-15 times, I only have sand a couple. Plus it does add extra strength to rigidity of the item.
Ah, yeah I use the glazing putty. How long does the fiberglass resin stay workable while smoothing it out?

Ah, yeah I use the glazing putty. How long does the fiberglass resin stay workable while smoothing it out?
Depends on the amount of hardner you put in. If you put the recommend amount you have about 15-20min before you feel the fiber glass harden. 2hrs for full dry. But I usually only work with 2-3oz of mixture at a time. And then I use glazing putty on small divets after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back