M82 shoulder fired. It can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barrett light .50 is not supposed to be fired that quickly. Not to mention, with your shoulder absorbing all of that, I would hate to see his scope afterward.

I used to service those in the Army. They are fun to fire, but if you breathe on the scope the wrong way you have to spend an hour to re-zero it.

The Barrett light .50 is not supposed to be fired that quickly. Not to mention, with your shoulder absorbing all of that, I would hate to see his scope afterward.

I used to service those in the Army. They are fun to fire, but if you breathe on the scope the wrong way you have to spend an hour to re-zero it.

A little off topic, but do you think that is due to the weapon or is it a problem with the scope itself? In other words, could you solve the prob by using a different scope?

It's the scope. The thing kicks like a mule. It is so SWEET!!!

However, I like the idea of shooting something like that from a standing position. Seeing as how it is the closest thing to a Sniper Rifle System 99C-S2 Anti-Matériel that there is... even though it is a .50 caliber and not a 14.5mm sabot round.

Still awesome.

Oh, you guys don't give him enough credit....I'm sure he eventually hit the ground...;)

I took me five minutes to stop laughing when I read this. Why am I so easily entertained? ;)

@jason-549
You know, it doesn't surprise me that the military standard scope would , to be polite, not quite meet the requirements. Thats what happens when you give contracts to lowest bidder. Thats just one of the many reason why I have so much love and respect for service men and women. You guys go head long into danger without ever asking thanks even though you know the "powers that be" are handicapping you just to save a buck or two.

Sorry for the tangent. :) My hats off to all the service men and women in the community. Thanks for all you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back