MA-37 Assault Rifle Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Hawk

As it’s my first hour here, why not post the entire reason for my being here in the first place. The MA37 has been my passion project for about 2 weeks now, and as I near 3AM in the morning the last 2 prints are both threatening to fail.
9AEEC6C5-7158-4C38-9754-310B8CFDFF1F.jpeg

Well now that I’ve got a bit more energy in me. This is a ~19 part assembly, of which I did not create the part files for, however I did edit them to be more user friendly. Currently, the butt stock is being assembled. I should have the entire rifle complete by the end of the day. I still have no idea if I should try painting this or not, sanding it has already been a pain. I plan on making more weapons in the future, so if anyone has any suggestions or tips I’d love to hear them.
image.jpg

Sanding. Sanding is one of those things that makes me think we should rename this forum from "405th" to "punishment gluttons that like to sand too much."

Lol if you want really, REALLY good results, unfortunately, you'll have to put some effort into sanding.

Another thing that I find makes or breaks a project is attending to the little details i.e. seams. Do great on your seams, make sure everything is aligned, and you're golden.

That rifle prop looks amazing so far, by the way. Keep up the good work!

Sanding. Sanding is one of those things that makes me think we should rename this forum from "405th" to "punishment gluttons that like to sand too much."

Lol if you want really, REALLY good results, unfortunately, you'll have to put some effort into sanding.

Another thing that I find makes or breaks a project is attending to the little details i.e. seams. Do great on your seams, make sure everything is aligned, and you're golden.

That rifle prop looks amazing so far, by the way. Keep up the good work!
its actually abysmal alignment, I'm quite ashamed of it really, but seeing as I'm just working with a tiny vice grip and my bare hands, I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. That being said with any luck some seam work and sanding should make it look better.
Amazing! It’s so detailed and accurate! How did you make it? I have been needing to make some weapons so I have something to hold when my armor is done.
Ima be honest, I just looked up the file on thingiverse, and printed it from there. I made some very minor adjustments before printing, but mostly just supports. I'm printing the Halo 2 Battle Rifle now, and I got that file from thingiverse too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back