MA37 Stealth Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick221

Hello Everyone!

So I've been off the forums for a while...

Won't bore you with my personal life. I've been meaning to create a portfolio of my skills be they practical or theory. Now that I have disposable income I want to make armour and props to achieve that end so I can get into business.

A while back I was working on a heavily modded MA5B for use with an abandoned cosplay concept. Here's a link to the original thread if you want to see more. I haven't touched this project in almost 2 years and after a quick lookup, my files for it are sort of... Gone.

In light of the missing files I'm starting anew but this time with the MA37 as a base. There'll be more to come in the next few days but here is where I'm at with modded AR attempt #3:

bzX9Qjgp7.png

-Stealth/Reconnaissance Variant MA37 (Version R-0.5)
d1a5b7f6-d2ce-4d23-b0f5-a6b11d87d75a

You can probably see I've 'borrowed' some parts from my dearest friend the M392 (Oh, how I miss my online days). There are things I know I need to fix such as the scope positioning, that mangy looking foregrip and lastly I need to remove one of those flashlights (It doesn't need two, does it?).

That leads me to my question for you folks on the forums. What does the 405th think I should do to this AR? By all means critique my feeble attempts! Tear down my pillars of design! Highlight my flaws, even the simple ones!

That's all for now, better post before Chrome vomits.

221, signing off

P.S. What should I call this? MA37-S?

Last edited by a moderator:
Replies

Looks good. Did you checked if the position of the foregrip is realistic?

Not really no... I feel like such a wannabe. It should be much better now though!

Update R-1.0

It turns out I never really knew what it meant for a firearm to be 'gas operated' as the MA5 series is. I misinterpreted that as a means to have tubes and pumps and other such gubbins, I didn't realize it was a self loading mechanism. What I mean to say is that I was ignorant of firearm engineering. Not so much this time.

c3rwz7CtX.png

MA37 Internally Suppressed, Muzzle Boosted Individual Combat Weapon System - Version R-1.0

I've fixed some stuff on the model like the texturing of the DMR parts but most notably the foregrip situation is much more pleasing. The previous grip was a subpar effort that I'm not proud of.

As for naming, I thought of something very reminiscent of the earlier versions. I'm going with MA37-ISMB-ICWS for now. For future reference, the acronym "ISMB" stands for: Internally Suppressed, Muzzle Boosted.

As always, it's not perfect but that is why I post it on the forums; so others can give feedback on how to improve the design.

221, signing off.

P.S. I'm seeing more M392 than I'm comfortable with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back