Props MA5B Conversion stock for M1A in 7.62x51mm NATO (.308WIN)

Wayward Flood

This is a wicked looking build!

Being a Canuck, unfortunately aftermarket bull pup stocks or conversions are prohibited. Luckily, though, we have the Norinco type 97’s up here for relatively cheap. When the pocket book is a little more full, I might try my hand at building a BR from one of the games
That would be freaking amazing. I was thinking of doing something similar. Getting that 3 round burst would cost me way way way tooo much though! You can have full-auto and burst weapons in the States but need an NFA stamp. The sale of these weapons is banned after a certain year so the few that are around are artificially inflated to be worth thousands.

FlyinPhil

That would be freaking amazing. I was thinking of doing something similar. Getting that 3 round burst would cost me way way way tooo much though! You can have full-auto and burst weapons in the States but need an NFA stamp. The sale of these weapons is banned after a certain year so the few that are around are artificially inflated to be worth thousands.

Sadly mine wouldn’t be quite game accurate either, as anything beyond semi is also prohibited here. I’m jealous of what you guys can get in most states, even if you have to shell out mad money for it! Anyway, I’m keen to see how your build progresses!

Wayward Flood

Another update. Sorry I don't have anything to show for it. I decided to remake the lower reciever model from scratch with my previous work as a reference. I remade the 2001 in-game 1st person model as a comletely manifold object with no intersecting faces. I stretched it out today according to my overall model and it is still error free. It's all downhill now....... I hope.

Wayward Flood

Sadly mine wouldn’t be quite game accurate either, as anything beyond semi is also prohibited here. I’m jealous of what you guys can get in most states, even if you have to shell out mad money for it! Anyway, I’m keen to see how your build progresses!
I here you man. One day I might be able to get the ROF version into the stock. That's only if I get lucky though with my future ventrues and can dump the dosh into it.

Wayward Flood

About a month of pulling my hair out learning how to correct errors and here we are.

0805191841.jpg 0805191842.jpg 0805191842a.jpg 0805191842b.jpg

Wayward Flood

MA7D 1st Print.png

Printing the cowl section now. All the pieces will take a little more then a week to print if I don't have any issues. I'm using a .4 mm nozzle with 2.4 wall strength at 50% infill density in a gyroid pattern. I'm printing this 1st build in PLA since it's cheap. Just have to keep it out of the sun.... Metal, PETG, ABS printing will be pretty expensive. With work being hard to find right now, I'm not sure when I will print outside of PLA. For this reason I haven't done the scope mount on top of the cowl yet. Instead I will just take it off and put on the juggernaut rail. This is probably the best idea since maintaining zero with the scope is very questionable with my original idea.

Apologies for taking so long to update this. I took a break from the project when I started job hunting. Also started getting fed up with model errors. Got a new job and did some work and then covid happened. Naturally I got furloughed. I didn't want to spend money on 3D printing after that. I'm starting work soon and decided to get this ready to print before that.

The last 2 weeks I have been going ham double checking measurements and doing finishing touches. All parts are error free now and ready to 3D print. I have printed small sections of the lower receiver to check measurements. If my printer doesn't crap out to me I should have pics of everything put together in 2 weeks.

Wayward Flood

20200920_160608.jpg
20200920_160557.jpg
20200920_160548.jpg

The 1st print is finally done. The flashlight toggle is functional but I forgot to turn it on for the picture. I still need to print the shorter receiver top for the juggernaut rail and some minor parts. I'll post some pics of that when its done. The top reciever piece is off a little because I didnt think a side scope mounting bracket was going to get in the way so I didnt model it in blender. I already fixed this and will reprint it. I didn't bother with sanding and painting since these aren't the final prints and the PLA matches. This definetely set new records for what I have done on my printer.
1600635331906.png

NetherCraft

View attachment 295935

Printing the cowl section now. All the pieces will take a little more then a week to print if I don't have any issues. I'm using a .4 mm nozzle with 2.4 wall strength at 50% infill density in a gyroid pattern. I'm printing this 1st build in PLA since it's cheap. Just have to keep it out of the sun.... Metal, PETG, ABS printing will be pretty expensive. With work being hard to find right now, I'm not sure when I will print outside of PLA. For this reason I haven't done the scope mount on top of the cowl yet. Instead I will just take it off and put on the juggernaut rail. This is probably the best idea since maintaining zero with the scope is very questionable with my original idea.

Apologies for taking so long to update this. I took a break from the project when I started job hunting. Also started getting fed up with model errors. Got a new job and did some work and then covid happened. Naturally I got furloughed. I didn't want to spend money on 3D printing after that. I'm starting work soon and decided to get this ready to print before that.

The last 2 weeks I have been going ham double checking measurements and doing finishing touches. All parts are error free now and ready to 3D print. I have printed small sections of the lower receiver to check measurements. If my printer doesn't crap out to me I should have pics of everything put together in 2 weeks.

I know you have your own 3d model but I could help out. Maybe, I'm not sure if I want to make this model public atm.

Attachments

• ar 3.PNG
    ar 3.PNG
    342.5 KB · Views: 14

Wayward Flood

I know you have your own 3d model but I could help out. Maybe, I'm not sure if I want to make this model public atm.
That helps thanks! The 1st person ingame model I used misses a lot of small cosmetic details that I plan on adding later. The pic of your model points those out well.

KragAxe

Great work, this looks really nice! I'm looking forward to the finished pics!

I'm building an MA-40 in 6.5 Grendel from scratch. I modeled some of the gas system off the M14 in order to move a lot of the recoil management and operating parts forward of the receiver. I'm hoping to be totally done by mid october. Just in time for some hog hunting. Lots and lots of aluminum chips!

Attachments

• lower rec 5.jpg
    lower rec 5.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 18
  • latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 18

NetherCraft

That helps thanks! The 1st person ingame model I used misses a lot of small cosmetic details that I plan on adding later. The pic of your model points those out well.
Unfortunately I can't find the ejection port. And there have been very slight changes to make it hold up better in unreal engine 4 lighting, such as the inset of the circles on the top cover thing being larger to make them stand out. Other than than, it is, though with my own bias, the most accurate model I've seen to the halo 1 model. One more change is that the grip is textured not modeled due to poly count. Still can't find the ejection port though and that bugs me.

Wayward Flood

Unfortunately I can't find the ejection port. And there have been very slight changes to make it hold up better in unreal engine 4 lighting, such as the inset of the circles on the top cover thing being larger to make them stand out. Other than than, it is, though with my own bias, the most accurate model I've seen to the halo 1 model. One more change is that the grip is textured not modeled due to poly count. Still can't find the ejection port though and that bugs me.
I was actually looking for the ejection port a couple of days ago and found nothing were it should be. My guess is Bungie forgot to add it in since you see the left side of the gun mostly in game. I can't find a right side picture of the Halo Wars MA5B so it doesn't help. I would just use the port on the MA5C. Both rifles are similar enough that the port should be the same or close. yeah I beveled the grip edges in blender to account for it being textured. Probably going to rework it a bit to be more comfartable now that I can hold the rifle.

Wayward Flood

Great work, this looks really nice! I'm looking forward to the finished pics!

I'm building an MA-40 in 6.5 Grendel from scratch. I modeled some of the gas system off the M14 in order to move a lot of the recoil management and operating parts forward of the receiver. I'm hoping to be totally done by mid october. Just in time for some hog hunting. Lots and lots of aluminum chips!
Dang! Good work. That must be nice to have the option to move parts forward of the receiver. It was a pain making sure my receiver stock fit the safety, mag release extension lever, screw mount in the trigger grip, and both charging handles.

You could make another gun if you melt down all those chips!! Not sure that would work out to well though.....

NetherCraft

I was actually looking for the ejection port a couple of days ago and found nothing were it should be. My guess is Bungie forgot to add it in since you see the left side of the gun mostly in game. I can't find a right side picture of the Halo Wars MA5B so it doesn't help. I would just use the port on the MA5C. Both rifles are similar enough that the port should be the same or close. yeah I beveled the grip edges in blender to account for it being textured. Probably going to rework it a bit to be more comfartable now that I can hold the rifle.
I meant that I was texturing the checkered grip part, not the whole thing. Would you like me to send you the grip area so you can have a more comfortable hold? As I said I don't want to give out the whole model atm but I can give that part. I do have a question though, how well does it clean? I can't imagine cleaning grease off a 3d print rather than metal.

Wayward Flood

I meant that I was texturing the checkered grip part, not the whole thing. Would you like me to send you the grip area so you can have a more comfortable hold? As I said I don't want to give out the whole model atm but I can give that part. I do have a question though, how well does it clean? I can't imagine cleaning grease off a 3d print rather than metal.
Thanks but what I have now is fine. I just have to adjust 2 quick things in my model to make it more comfortable. I haven't shot it yet so I can't speak to cleaning. I have to find some time to shoot at a buddy's place with a couple of anchors. The only greased parts on the gun are were the bolt and charging handle ride along and those don't interact with the 3D printed pieces. It will be interesting to see how much gunpowder gets on the receiver area though.

Wayward Flood

Here's the "practical" version for the range! I made a shorter version of the top receiver piece with a pin that goes through the M1A rear sight hole. I put my ATN X-Sight II on the Juggernaut rail. The scope has night vision, a camera, and other nifty features powered by a battery pack that cord in the pics is for.

Front.jpg
RS.jpg
LS.jpg

I been making improvements and correcting errors on the stock and 3D model at the same time. Turns out I could load the mag in but not take it out with the original lower receiver model. The mag rocks in on a forward hook and then back. To clear the forward hook for unloading, the mag must move forward more then when being inserted. I didn't account for this and had to make a hollow insert into the grip area. Thankfully a saw works much faster then sand paper on PLA. Sometimes I wonder how much faster this project would of went if it was designed as a single rifle system but that would take the terrible thing called math with the tolerances and gas system.
20201001_182845.jpg
20201001_182916(2).jpg