MA5C Assault Rifle (H3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of today the rifle is complete, now I just have to figure out the magazine. Unbeknownst to me, the UNSC has some kind of bullet shrinking technology.
Here's an example of 32 rounds of 7.62x51 (this is what the wiki claims to be used).
MA5C.sadness.jpg

After much finagling I decided to just make the magazine the length it should be in order to reach the breach. The in game one is not only too small to hold 32 rounds, but would also require some sorta ammo scooping mechanism inside the stock. I took the easy way out and it still, barely fits.
7_62mag.jpg

Last edited:
The render I posted was just a 30 second hack-together representation. I haven't begun the printing prep as of yet. However, here's a quick write up on how I intend for this model to be constructed.

The model will be printed in sections, each sliding over 2-3 pieces of pvc tubing. Having dry-fit the assembly, adhere all the sections together leaving the butt separate. Fill both halves with 2 part expanding ridge foam (going this route allows you to use significantly less printing material both cutting cost and print time). Adhere the butt to rest of the assembly.

Personally, I would prefer a fiberglass model so I would go one step further and make a slosh-mold.

Are the STL files available for this yet G?

Not just yet, I have to stick all the internals in there still. There are some finishing touches to be done on the "regular prop" and I haven't done much for the "functional prop". The way I see it, whats the point of something so accurate if you cant cycle the rifle :D

Last edited:
Here it is guys, the non-moving version. I'll be posting the "functional" version (ie. a working mag release, sliding bolt, holes for LED's etc.) at a later point. This version of the model ended up being 128,935 polys, (120,899 for the rifle, 8036 for the magazine).
I also modeled the appropriate ammo (4346 polys).
A link can be found on the first post in the forum, additionally at CollinMcCaf's Model Repository
MA5C-1.png
MA5C-2.png
MA5C-1.png
MA5C-4.png
MA5C_Right.jpg MA5C_Left.jpg MA5C_Mag.jpg 7-62Ammo.jpg

Attachments

• MA5C-3.png
    MA5C-3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Here it is guys, the non-moving version. I'll be posting the "functional" version (ie. a working mag release, sliding bolt, holes for LED's etc.) at a later point. This version of the model ended up being 128,935 polys, (120,899 for the rifle, 8036 for the magazine).
I also modeled the appropriate ammo (4346 polys).
MA5C.zip
View attachment 256009 View attachment 256010 View attachment 256011 View attachment 256012
Thank you very much bro, huge help to the community

Phenomenal work man! Can't wait to see the moving version.

Lemme know if you want a comparison picture of a 10, 25, and 30 round 7.61x51 mags. Probably too late to be of any use now though.

I have a shaker motor, a blue LED screen, a couple servo motors, a Raspberry Pi and a lot of LEDS ready for once this rifle is good to go. Can't wait!

Special thanks to Praxster for reminding me this model exists, heres a "functional" version. This model will work as though the gun is jammed. The bolt assembly moves, and the mag release should work. Unfortunately there's no real way to make the ejection port open without using metal.
Assembly is pretty straight forward. Just be sure to add a spring behind the mag release button/rail (one that's relatively stiff).
If you want to add leds/ electronics, I'd recommend printing out two power buttons (labeled as "button"), drilling out the static ones attaching the flashlight to one side, the leds to the other.
A link can be found on CollinMcCaf's Model Repository

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back