Props Ma5c Assualt Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

I've been working on the Halo 3 Assault Rifle for awhile. I finished modeling it about two months ago but it took until now for me to take the time to unfold it. I used the Halo 1 model as a base and worked from there. Some of the details I wanted to add would've been too hard to pep, so I took inspiration from the HD armour and added a bunch of floating faces. There's two 3d detail pieces that are floating too, and the trigger, in case you didn't want to mess with the tiny folds. The clip has been reworked to be more accurate and easy to build. I did my best to add as much detail as possible while still making it easy to build.

MA5C pdo

med_gallery_5236_604_97182.jpg

(Couldn't figure out how to link to the big one, so here's the page)

Let me know what you think.

P.S. If anyone wishes to post a different/better unfolding and/or different paper size, please feel free to do so.

I just took a quick look at it and I like it. Doesn't look very hard to build and I like the detail. Thanks Garland.

Ah, that looks fantastic, I like that it doesn't have all the insanely small folds like the other AR. Looks to be good, maybe I'll get around to making it soon. =P
Great job.

I took a look at it and it does look promising. I might have do add this to my long list of things to build.

Great, more things to build... You people have got to stop making so many files. I can't keep up!

That looks absolutely fantastic. I'll definitely use that model for my next Assault Rifle. You can see my first try in my gallery. I'm working on finishing up a magnum right now...

Updated first post with a composite shot. The pic with the clip removed is from Wings3d, my modeling program of choice.

Thanks for all the support guys, I'm glad you like the file.

Sorry Nugget, I'm not quite as good as you are. Besides, it was meant to be more of an intermediate file than an HD.

started to put together but there was a problem. there is a piece that connects to 102 and 104 but it just doesn't match up and i can't find the on for 108 and 110 area and there isn't any orther piece that looks like it would.

check where the piece is in pepakura designer 2, use check cooresponding faces, right click and choose it in the 2d window. hope that helps.

that helped but when i do that the pieces are to big and they just don't match up something wrong with the the way the file was made. i gues i'm going to have to alter the pieces myself.

andywolfman said:
that helped but when i do that the pieces are to big and they just don't match up something wrong with the the way the file was made. i gues i'm going to have to alter the pieces myself.

Eh? What exactly is the problem? Missing pieces or messed up proportions? I'd like a little clarification, because I need to know exactly what the trouble is to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he's talking about proprotion, he mentioned that the piece that attatches to the other one not the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back