Made In Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmander

Jr Member
hey all..

thought Id post some pictures of the sculpts i did up a while ago..I haven't had time to finish the suit as I am busy with other costumes for Halloween heres what I have so far...I ended up doing a quick job on the other parts to get a suit done for the paintball event just made from foam..the rest of this suit when done is cast from a material called flexfoam-it 25 a rigid but flexible material used for props..this first casting was done in latex and flex foam it 3 very flexible enough to run in...Hope ya like.

I braced most of this from the KOTOBUKIYA model and of course my own small touches I like to change a few things ..I do the same with my other sculpts

Picture055-1.jpg

chest.jpg

Picture095.jpg

c1-2.jpg

I did start a custom understuit But ill wait on that will I can get one cast up.

Pete

OMG MY GOD!
Is this the new adam or bluerealm or sean or legendary?!
That is amazing!
about the foamy stuff though, when my bentely chemicals newsletter arrived it said about this flexfoam but what i want to know is, what the heck is it?
A poloyurethane foam, expanding foam?
PLease clarify its ease of use and strenght. i mean for paintball its gotta be pretty strong doesnt it?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Hope to see u in the news one day.

- Chazodude

Very interesting, we got a ton of requests for wearing these for paintball, airsoft, etc. Care to describe your technique from start to finish on this, go heavy on the details ;). Looks like you starts with a clay mold, hard to tells what goes on after that point, this is very interesting indeed. Is this similar to Predator suit constructions?

Cheers,
Kensai

That is BEAUTIFUL. The back detail on the torso is pretty much never done here, and the lower leg looks amazing.

Just a question, does this "flexfoam" allow you to crouch, run, and turn effectively, or does it still hinder most in-game motion?

DUDE , 10 points for us canadians and your craftmanship :D, i love the calve and boot man, that is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life :) keep it up dude cant wait to hear more from you.

OH....Of course you guys do great work and for those who don't know!!! THESE GUYS MAKES SOME MAD PRED SUITS!!!! Its nice of you guys to venture off into other prop making and welcome to the boards!!!

WOW...edit this, you guys been here since last year!!! Then great work you guys are doing and keep it up!!

thanks guys give me a few days and Ill write something up for you in detail. Just busy this next few days on some work..

everything is from SSC http://www.sculpturesupply.com/ the clay I use is just plain potery clay there is no hardness differnce and its cheap , that chavant is over rated and just "name band" for artist whatever..LOL.. it dosent mater what you use as long as if turns out how you like.

heres a quick video for now

http://www.vimeo.com/1294501

pete

Can i ask how much clay it took to sculpt the boot and the shin? i have 25 pounds and it doesnt look too promising for me if i want to make one shin and one boot
thanks

wow you know you built it well when you can run in it :lol: i think thats the first person to run naturally in their armor props dude thats some amazing armor you made there

Looks nice, my only beef with it is.. With so much reference available, why omit the details that ARE on the suit, and make up your own details that AREN'T on the suit?

BTW, I can run in mine...:D

CPU64 said:
Looks nice, my only beef with it is.. With so much reference available, why omit the details that ARE on the suit, and make up your own details that AREN'T on the suit?

BTW, I can run in mine...:D

simply put? Im an artist..Im an A$$ that way...lol All my costumes are like this even the predators..besides I looked at 3 differnt versions on the halo 3 game, posters, toys kits etc etc..each one is slightly different in some way..kinda like everyone on this forum has their own style?..this one is mine

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Pete is an artist! and I for one am proud to say I know him and Have many of his awesome Predator Props... Remember pete, I get dibs on a suit when they are ready, just give me time to save, cuz I know they're gonna cost some bank! Later, Joe (Newpredmaker- Predsniper)

SKILLZ Mander, Skillz!

You truly are a master :) I Love the details you added!! Thanks for sharing!

HAHAH chiefy in a Stag shop, ahahahaha!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah baby!

This was a "quick job" This is freakin epic and detailed! Think of the quality you could have made if you took your time! You are a sculpting god!

That's a quick job!? I'm scared to see what something that you took your time on wold look like! I think my eyebals would burn out of there sockets if I saw what you call "a careful job".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back