Magnet for holding the assault in the back

supersayianGR

Hello guys and greetings from Greece. In the next months i will be doing a cosplay uniform (probably from Halo 4 forward into dawn) and want to start making plans.
I have done a modding of the assault rifle (from nerf) and got the needler also, So i will have those two as a weapons.
I want to hold primaraly the needler on hand and have the Assault on the back.
What ideas could be for holding it in the back? Some holster, fastener or magnet?
Also the needler holster ideas?

Thank you in advance

You can use 1" cube neodymium magnets to magnetize the nerf AR to your back. I used a total of 3 in my design (2 in the chest and 1 in the blaster).

You can use 1" cube neodymium magnets to magnetize the nerf AR to your back. I used a total of 3 in my design (2 in the chest and 1 in the blaster).
1 in the gun and two in the back you mean? Why the chest? Also you used also any holster on the back or just the magnet?
Also why cube and not for example disk? like these ones ? Screw-on disc magnet 27x4 mm

And finally in the gun where do you install it? on the outside side or the inside?

1 in the gun and two in the back you mean? Why the chest? Also you used also any holster on the back or just the magnet?
Also why cube and not for example disk? like these ones ? Screw-on disc magnet 27x4 mm

And finally in the gun where do you install it? on the outside side or the inside?
I'll try to answer your questions in order here.

The 1 in the gun and 2 in the back refers to 1 magnet being inside the gun and 2 magnets being attached to the back of the chestplate (shorthanded to chest for this). It is just the magnets holding it to my back.

The cube magnets are nearly triple the strength of the disk magnets. Here is a link to the ones I used.

I have also included a link to the post that I show how it is mounted to the back of the chestpiece. Where it goes inside the gun is largely up to you

make sure the magnets can hold the amount of weight you are trying to get stick.. mulitple magnet spots will help hold in in line as well and snap into place and not wiggle.. i usually get heavy weight holding magnets and epoxy them in place.. i like ot hide them behind ABS. then you cant see the magnet and it holds.. make sure the material between the magnets is not too thick or it could pop off easier

I'll try to answer your questions in order here.

The 1 in the gun and 2 in the back refers to 1 magnet being inside the gun and 2 magnets being attached to the back of the chestplate (shorthanded to chest for this). It is just the magnets holding it to my back.

The cube magnets are nearly triple the strength of the disk magnets. Here is a link to the ones I used.

I have also included a link to the post that I show how it is mounted to the back of the chestpiece. Where it goes inside the gun is largely up to you
Why did you use 2 magnets right next to each other in the chest? Is it stronger that way? Also, how do you stop the AR from wanting to rotate?

Why did you use 2 magnets right next to each other in the chest? Is it stronger that way? Also, how do you stop the AR from wanting to rotate?
1 magnet didn't quite hold but coupling 2 together both increased the holding power and also created a magnetic "lane" of sorts that helps keep the AR from sliding/rotating.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back