Magnetic weapon holsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowlite

Hi guys I have been wanting to make a set of halo Spartan armor but the catch 13 is that I would like to have the firearm stay attached to the suit and I have no idea on how to do this. Does anyone have any ideas

Actually the phrase is "Catch 22".....and there are several ways to "Holster" the firearms.......as described in the title "Magnetic" is one of those ways. A magnet in the thigh plate and one on the weapon would work well. A hand gun really. A rifle could be secured on to the back wuing the same method. You have to build the suit first though.

Actually the phrase is "Catch 22".....and there are several ways to "Holster" the firearms.......as described in the title "Magnetic" is one of those ways. A magnet in the thigh plate and one on the weapon would work well. A hand gun really. A rifle could be secured on to the back wuing the same method. You have to build the suit first though.
Thx I have been stuck on that problem for a while now me and one of my friends is making a halo YouTube series that requires some live action acting so this will help me a lot

under armor is easy. There are a lot of threads in the soft parts and the costumes and armor sections discussing how people have made them or found things that work like motocross armor, painting on morph suits. If you want perfect replicas, scratch builds are also dotted around the website.

Give the threads a look. if you have specific questions about different methods and materials people will be more able to help then they can with generalized questions.

From my experience and observation from other people also trying it, magnets are sure fancy but are NOT reliable. You can use VERY hard magnets (I have used magnets with strength 24th) and it will still not be reliable.
It can be very hard to pull the magnum away from the thigh piece, but it will slide MUCH easier if you bump into anything.

I would totally not recommend it for rifles, for sidearms - at your own risk of either damaging yourself, armor or prop.

From my experience and observation from other people also trying it, magnets are sure fancy but are NOT reliable. You can use VERY hard magnets (I have used magnets with strength 24th) and it will still not be reliable.
It can be very hard to pull the magnum away from the thigh piece, but it will slide MUCH easier if you bump into anything.

I would totally not recommend it for rifles, for sidearms - at your own risk of either damaging yourself, armor or prop.
I got a question for you. What kind of spray paint did you use on your combat knife and magnum

Palmer was that magnet to magnet?

Usually it is mag to mag, you get better adhesion.....but I agree w/ CommanderPalmer. It is very easy to loose/damage your prop using magnets. I've heard people using those retractable key ring holders attached to the weapon to prevent loosing/damaging it. If it isn't too heavy the chain will prevent it from hitting the floor.....granted it doesn't look ascetically pleasing, but you save you prop.

I got a question for you. What kind of spray paint did you use on your combat knife and magnum

It was very generic spray paint from DYI/hardware shop.

Palmer was that magnet to magnet?

No, if it was magnet to magnet I wouldn't be even able to pull it away and it would rip the Magnum and thigh piece apart. Those were inside - you can always spot the magnets if they are outside and I didn't want that to keep game accuracy.
I had those 2 magnets once coming together and I was fighting over an hour to get those two apart.

I've heard people using those retractable key ring holders attached to the weapon to prevent loosing/damaging it. QUOTE]

Damn... I've never considered those. I literally have a pack of 10 in my desk at work. Thank you good sir. Thank you.

It was very generic spray paint from DYI/hardware shop.

No, if it was magnet to magnet I wouldn't be even able to pull it away and it would rip the Magnum and thigh piece apart. Those were inside - you can always spot the magnets if they are outside and I didn't want that to keep game accuracy.
I had those 2 magnets once coming together and I was fighting over an hour to get those two apart.
Wow those are some strong magnets

I am trying to view the armor files but font have the right program. What kind of program do I need to get so I can view and print out the templates for my armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back