Magnets? Hiding seams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle109

I've seen a handful of people make chest armor like MK V(B) which break right in half then go back together with no visible seams with magnets. Where do you get magnets THAT strong? How else would you get the armor to work like that?

I suggest you could use the search function on the forum. There have been quite few interesting topics on magnets that could answer many questions.

good work with buckles can also do the trick but for strong magnets check ebay or ask people who have done this on the forum

They could be using some sort of male / female connector piece, if you get what I mean. If not, like a joint that clicks into place when you insert the one piece into the other. Hope this helps!

Rare earth magnets are what you are looking for. You can generally pick them up at many hobby shops. just Look up Rare Earth magnets. Also you can look for Magcraft. I dont use these so much in my costume but for my minatures to hold on arms. But the larger ones are rather strong to say the least.

My boyfriend did MK V and he tried the magnets but they weren't as strong as he wanted them to be so, if you have someone who can help you, he has 2 holes on each side of his chest where it goes under his arm that small zip ties can go through. The only bad thing about this is that someone else has to do it for you but there is no worry about the magnets coming undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back