Props Magpul Masada Paintball gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so here's the deal. I have an x7 Phenom with a Tacamo magazine feed kit and some upgrades.

Pretty much this:

tacamo_mk7p_marker.jpg

but with a Deadly Wind Null barrel+Ifit insert kit, and a Commando air through stock.

I am looking to turn this into a Masada. I ordered this off of ebay. I also ordered an X7 shroud, which I will be combining with the stock phenom shroud. This will involve some cutting, some epoxy, maybe a bit of spray paint.

I could stop there and have a SCAR look. But I will then fit the Masada foregrip over it, to complete the look.

However, it bothers me that that there are still differences in the gun. Here is an actual Masada (or I guess an airsoft gun, which looks identical to the real thing):

MagpulACR.jpg

It was then that I remembered this website. I thought, maybe some of you guys would know where to start in modifying my Phenom to more closely resemble this gun. The most obvious additions should be a charging handle (though I highly doubt it would be possible or worthwhile to make it functional), making the lower receiver angle down more (it's sleeker on the phenom), and also finding a way to cover up some of those large pins on the body of the phenom. Also, the shell ejection port on the side.

I figure at least some of these things can be added to the body of the gun to enhance it's cosmetic appeal. IDK how I would get the lower receiver to look right without completely changing the Phenom grip design. I actually have an E-grip on mine, and there are lot of components in there. Changing the grip design would require finding a way to fit all those parts and make them work in a new shell, or at least stuffing the grip inside of a larger frame (maybe an airsoft part?)

Perhaps the biggest thing that bothers me though, is the t68 20 round magazine. It's so bulky, and only holds 20 rounds, when you could easily fit more than 30 in a space much smaller. This is something I want to work on. I want to build a new magazine that can hold more rounds, and is closer in size to STANAG mags.

Thoughts? Comments?

I would do it.. for a price of course.. But if I were you, I would get a cheap airsoft gun, and use the external parts from that, or custom build it..

There aren't any cheap airsoft ACR's as far as I know. The cheapest I have seen was more than 200 dollars on Ebay. I am currently focused on the shroud (once I get the parts in the mail I will work on it) and the magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back