Make it Smooth HElP HELP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted Sinner

Hello all,

I just got off of a week break from my helmet due to HALO 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now I am back at it. I have fiberglassed, resined, bondoed and spot putty. I have made a mold and I am making a vacuum form table for the visor, but I cannot get the helmet to be smooth. I have wet sanded with a fine grit sand paper but still no luck. There are still imperfections I cannot get rid of. I really do not think that the spray paint will fill in these holes and I am trying my hardest to get them to go away. I am out of ideas on how to fix these imperfections and looking for help! I really do not think I will start another one at this point in the process.

If anyone can help!!!! PLEASE!!!! I really want to finish it up. HOW DO I MAKE IT SMOOTH?????????

If it's not smooth, you haven't sanded well enough. If there are holes or pits you'll need to apply additional bondo and sand smooth. Filler primer will only fill scratches 1/16" deep. Of course pictures could help come to a different determination, but I'm fairly certain i know what you're talking about. Check out my build. I have a ton of bondo work pictures.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

it is a very long tedious process sand fill repeat, like the others said spot putty and filler primer are the best to help you out. the way i do it is rough grit and then jump to a finer grit fill in bubbles and go with medium sandpaper then light again fill more and sand again

I will have to take some close up pictures so you can see it, but I think I got the point that I am going to have to sand and repeat 100 times lol. Thank you very much. I think I was just too anxious to get it done with the vacuum form box almost complete.

You could try using a thick filler Primer and see if that fills the imperfections in. If not, just sand it down and try again. I feel your pain though, I HATE sanding.... and yet there is so very much of it when 3D printing....

yes putty but i like to put rust oleum stone textured finish and spray flat black over the stone finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back