Making a Halo Arbiter Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and took a look at Sean Bradley's stilt design and the end result doesn't look much different than what we already have. If we hit snag later I might come back to it but I don't want any unnecessary work if I can avoid it.

Yeah, either way. Basically, just another resource. I like what I'm seeing though and I hope you guys rock this out. Really looking forward to the arbiter.

Good luck,

Tony

So the arbiter costume has kind of gone dark on this forum for a while. I just haven't seen it as a priority but I'm going to start posting updates again. We didn't have much progress over the summer but we recently started it up again and have posted a forth update video which you can watch below. (If you are mad at the unreliability of my posts, follow me on youtube. You will see more content there.)

Since then we have added fabric to the head and we are working on the armor. The helmet, feet and thighs are peped. They also all have a layer of fiberglass resin to keep them together. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I've heard that Elites are the hardest possible things to do.

Partially cause of the legs, and cause of the body structure in general. Good luck, and I hope you get that sizing issue fixed.
oh elites are harder to make than anything, I am currently making the same thing as this guy and it definetly has difficulties

oh elites are harder to make than anything, I am currently making the same thing as this guy and it definetly has difficulties
Hey sax092, this thread, and its last post were from 2012, 9, nine, years ago. This behavior, posting in a thread usually over 6 months old is considered "Nero-Posting" and is considered poor internet etiquette as it pushes down and hides current, active threads, under threads like this, that are over nine years old, full of outdated information, broken links, and members who have not been active in over 5 years, so they could not answer your question anyway.

In the future please be sure to actually read the thread and take a note of when the last post was made and ask yourself, "Does this thread really need replying to by me, with my comment?"

Hey sax092, this thread, and its last post were from 2012, 9, nine, years ago. This behavior, posting in a thread usually over 6 months old is considered "Nero-Posting" and is considered poor internet etiquette as it pushes down and hides current, active threads, under threads like this, that are over nine years old, full of outdated information, broken links, and members who have not been active in over 5 years, so they could not answer your question anyway.

In the future please be sure to actually read the thread and take a note of when the last post was made and ask yourself, "Does this thread really need replying to by me, with my comment?"
I JUST CAME TO THIS POST VIA A LINK! you don't have to have a go at me

and plus does it even affect you?
It kinda does tho. It affects everyone because now we see that there's an update to an elite build and we get all excited bc elite builds are impressive and awesome to watch. Then we find out it's not an update but a necropost and we are sad.

In all seriousness though nobody was taking a run at you. This happens all the time on the forum and someone always steps in to inform the person of their error. When I was new I got that lecture like 4 times because I suck at looking at the date of the last post. It's not a criticism, just a heads up for the future. It's definitely something we need a better system for dealing with tho...

and plus does it even affect you?
As I explained in my post, yes, it does as this kind of behavior pushes down and hides current, active threads, under threads like this, that are over nine years old, full of outdated information, broken links, and members who have not been active in years. Regardless of how you came to the thread, a google search, an internal search on the Forums, or a link from the outside, it is always good practice to double check the Date the thread was created, and the date of the last post. As I said, it's just good internet etiquette, here and on any other Forum, like Halo Waypoint, or even in a Facebook Group, if you revive an extremely outdated topic, you will get this same response.

No one was "having a Go at you" and you weren't in "Trouble," well, until you decided to show a poor attitude and disrespect towards this community and its Staff in your last two replies. Please consider yourself warned that your behavior demonstrated here is not considered acceptable in our Community and further infractions will be dealt with in an escalated manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back