Making A Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairox2299

Hey guy, two days ago i started my first ever piece of armor, unlucky for me its also a very hard model lol.

My first peice is the E.O.D helmet, i know this seem hard for a noob such as myself but so far it is 45% pepped.

As i progress i'll post pics, hopefully it wont turn out two crappy lmao XD

Good luck with the EOD stuff I like the helmet design but I can understand how it can be hard for a noob to start out on.

im sure ull be fine i thought it was goin to be super hard when i fist started but as long as u take ur time it goes smoothly but there sometimes is that one piece thats a b!tch o take ur time,cant wait to see it done

Yea the EOD isn't the easiest pep to make as a first, but it's good you are interested and willing to challenge yourself. Hope to see some progress pics soon!

White_Wolf2299 said:
Almost finished guys 80% at least

Looking forward to it. The left side looks slightly warped at the front, but you'll be able to get it straightened out when you resin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys it's Done so relieved lol, here are the pics.....i know the left eye looks a little warped but i still have to put the eye covers in before i resin it, that should fix it..yay!

White_Wolf2299 said:
Ok guys it's Done so relieved lol, here are the pics.....i know the left eye looks a little warped but i still have to put the eye covers in before i resin it, that should fix it..yay!

Dang, looks really nice. You'll have to flatten some of the surfaces when you apply resin, but other than that it's great.

wow looks great and the thing i like about the EOD bucket is that u can use sunglass lens for the visor it u can find some that fit well.

Harding29 said:
wow looks great and the thing i like about the EOD bucket is that u can use sunglass lens for the visor it u can find some that fit well.

Yeah true, but right now i gotta focus on getting this aqua resin stuff, apparently it's hard to get here in australia.

Ok got myself the resin, and have already water-proofed the helmet. going to start applying the resin very soon :D....Wish me luck guys XD

Hey there you need help getting supplies? i can tell you where to get em IM AN AUSSIE TO :) go to your local bunnings warehouse if you have one in your town and buy the brand (diggers) fibreglass kit 3 thats what ive used and boy it's tough stuff it's only roughly 60 buk in total you get 1 meter squar of fiberglass MATTE (it's better to use)

20 mls of catylyst (whats used to harden resin)

1kg can of resin (its green then turns brown :p)

stiring stick

brush

instruction booklet

all in one big bucket

sorry i could not find any pictures at the moment but look for DIGGERS brand if you can find it just go round and ask somebody for it and say kit number 3 glad to help

EDIT*: oh and i also recommend trying to get 180gsm (grams) cardstock if your printer can handle it :pjust to prevent it from warping but its all good love your first build can't wait to see the rest

GiR3892 said:
Hey there you need help getting supplies? i can tell you where to get em IM AN AUSSIE TO :) go to your local bunnings warehouse if you have one in your town and buy the brand (diggers) fibreglass kit 3 thats what ive used and boy it's tough stuff it's only roughly 60 buk in total you get 1 meter squar of fiberglass MATTE (it's better to use)

20 mls of catylyst (whats used to harden resin)

1kg can of resin (its green then turns brown :p)

stiring stick

brush

instruction booklet

all in one big bucket

sorry i could not find any pictures at the moment but look for DIGGERS brand if you can find it just go round and ask somebody for it and say kit number 3 glad to help

EDIT*: oh and i also recommend trying to get 180gsm (grams) cardstock if your printer can handle it :pjust to prevent it from warping but its all good love your first build can't wait to see the rest

Thats the exact stuff i got lol it works good but stinks real bad lol.

lol yeh pretty strong smell and also it's really cool when it dries to concreate it'll actually rip some off oh yeh dont get in on your skin and go play the xbox lol it turns in brown o_0 anyways any updates?

Come on, post some pics already! I want to see how it's coming along. :p

Oh hey, you have a helmet that has alot of room for all the cool toys it looks like :)

Ok guys update time!!!!!....so far all is well both inside and outside have been resined and are now dry, feels like hard plastic now. As you can see from the pics the helmet now has a nice shiny coat...im so glad it didnt warp :D any way fiberglassing should happen sometime soon. i will update you guys with more pics when it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back