Making A Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks kinda warped on the top of the head(that could be becuse of the picture). but thats fixible.

did you use tape or glue? and looks good. kinda late to say but when you bondo do the pices sepret. dont do it all the same time. it helps a lot when you do details.

Well bad news, im gonna have to scrap this i know it looks good and all but i just cant seem to get around how much of a bitch fiberglassing is. plus i dont have alot of time as it is to do this stuff, especially if its just gonna end up looking crappier then it should look so i guess this is it for me....thx for all your support guys cheers

Am I like the only person that thinks fiberglassing is about the easiest part? I actually hate the pep part, but I enjoy glassing pieces.

Liq said:
Am I like the only person that thinks fiberglassing is about the easiest part? I actually hate the pep part, but I enjoy glassing pieces.

I totally agree with you. Pep is the hardest part, in my opinion. After that, it's much more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news guys....i found my alternative so im not scraping this helmet just yet so stay tuned to see how it pans out YAY!!! XD

Liq said:

I agree completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Alternative" is working out great so far and hopefully it wont be a screw up lmao!!! plus i have an awesome idea...im make this not just an EOD helmet but im gonna merge it with a creature i like to make it more unique hehe and no its not a wolf....too obvious but it is going to be suome sort of predator.....i wont post any pics untill it is finished otherwise it would ruin the surprise XD

ok ladies and gents, its finished!! although the whole animal thing didnt work out lol oh well still looks good...i'll post some pics soon :D

It looks great, I don't see any prominent warping. Should be good to go for fiberglass and bondo. I hope you used a respirator, though, otherwise it'll start terrorizing your lungs.

EDIT: The top left of the helmet is a bit bent down. Just hot glue a piece of cardboard to it to hold it up, and resin it again. Then it should hold up while you fiberglass it.

OK guys here it is...its not 100% finished but its been painted and i have put the visors in the sockets so its finished in the out side yay!!!...try to keep in mind that this is my first attempt at halo armor so judge lightly please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back