Making a video. ( can i?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefcjg

Hello everyone, some of you may have seen my previous post about asking for ideas and a post saying that i may make a video to describe it.

so my process is i am going to make a helmet out of the pepkura paper folding way and have decided on my own ideas for the armor.

i will make videos and be open to questions.

NOW my only question is for staff?

am i allowed to do so?

As long as you meet both the requirements for posting in the 405th and uploading videos on YouTube (which I believe both are to be over 13 years old) then I don't see why you couldn't do a video blog of armor building. Just create a build thread and keep all related updates and questions within that one thread.

98ab4de19de5495a1eb41b2c8e8e3069.jpg

Is it like this one? Good luck and I am hoping to see your creation soon.

NOW my only question is for staff?

am i allowed to do so?

Plenty of our members have made tutorial videos of vlogs detailing their builds and hosted them on YouTube or other sites. It is your armor and your build, you are free to document it however you see fit.

The only reason any of us on Staff would have any "concerns" or objections is if at any point you attempt to claim any level of official representation of the 405th organization, use the 405th's name and or logos in your video or to promote your video, or use any language or demonstrate any behavior unbecoming of a 405th member.

For example, you can not title your video "405th Pepakura Tips." You can say in your video that you are 405th member, or reference the site or talk about it, but there must be a clear separation that your words/ideas/tips etc are not representative of the 405th nor are they endorsed by the organization. You are an individual talking about your own project.

Other than that, like Duke said, just follow the rules here and in whatever video hosting platform you use, and no one will have any objections to how you go about documenting your build.

awesome i will make sure to stay within the rules. i have actually completed my spartan suit in foam form and will later add worbla over it. i am in the middle of moving so the videos will take a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back