Making BR Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjolnir

Jr Member
Im considering making a Battle Rifle and i despise pepakura i just dont care for cut and paste. I do it when its the easiest route. In this scenario, its obvious that it is not. My question is, whats the easiest route? Cardboard, Foam? I need assistance in making a half way decent Battlerifle.

I've seen a couple of half-decent foam BR85 builds. There's another good cardboard BR85 further down the page, it's scrubbing up pretty nicely. I'd probably use a combination of the two, and maybe some PVC. I like mixing materials, everything does different stuff better.

I start casting on my BR85 shortly, if you want a higher accuracy version, but I don't know what your build budget is.

to me foam is one of the best options, and as RobTC said it ascociated with PVC (for the barrel I guess) it should do the trick
but you'll need razorsharp blades, or heating blade to cut it, and a heat gun if you need to fold parts

Id rather do a mix and match. PVC and etc. Honestly, if i could just find one on the cheaper end somewhere id buy it and fix it up. Theres none under 100 on etsy or ebay.

If I get some mis-casts that are fixable I might be able to do $100 or so, but I have no idea how it's going to go right now. I could even possibly do a prorated price-per-piece just to help people's build process on some of the more complex parts, that might be interesting.

It's not the easiest build, that's for sure, I guess that's why you mainly just see people with ARs and Magnums. But it's so worth it. It's a beautiful model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back