Making my first set of armor and I have a couple of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTColonelMonty

So I am planning on making MJOLNIR (I think that's how it's spelled.) Set of spartan armor and so I am going to start off by making the MP helmet from reach would it be good to use a cut silver motor cycle visor for the MP helmet visor or would that not me good? Also besides that, how would I got about making sure that I don't forget any pieces of the armor so I aint missing a thigh piece or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why you couldn't use a silver motor cycle visor. I used one for the suit in my profile pic and its just held in place by friction. How ever if you are planning on making the whole suit I would recommend starting with something small like the Hand piece or Boot, something you can get practice on with the pepakura style. I only say that because the helmet and the Chest pieces are the front and center of your Armor and take quite a bit of time to just do the paper craft and you want them to be spot on. Also If you are serious about making a whole suit most people who start on the helmet first stop there but if you do it last its a motivator to finish. As for accounting for pieces most armor builds in the armory seems to have every piece in the Zip file so you shouldnt have to worry about missing anything. Some files only come with the Left side and you would have to flip the image in the designer software to get the right. Hope this helps you and good luck.

I don't see why you couldn't use a silver motor cycle visor. I used one for the suit in my profile pic and its just held in place by friction. How ever if you are planning on making the whole suit I would recommend starting with something small like the Hand piece or Boot, something you can get practice on with the pepakura style. I only say that because the helmet and the Chest pieces are the front and center of your Armor and take quite a bit of time to just do the paper craft and you want them to be spot on. Also If you are serious about making a whole suit most people who start on the helmet first stop there but if you do it last its a motivator to finish. As for accounting for pieces most armor builds in the armory seems to have every piece in the Zip file so you shouldnt have to worry about missing anything. Some files only come with the Left side and you would have to flip the image in the designer software to get the right. Hope this helps you and good luck.
Alright thank you, by the way. Sence this is my first set of armor I will be making how would I go about making sure the pieces would be the right sizes? Because I don't want to have a thigh piece thats too big for example or a chest piece that's too small.

Alright thank you, by the way. Sence this is my first set of armor I will be making how would I go about making sure the pieces would be the right sizes? Because I don't want to have a thigh piece thats too big for example or a chest piece that's too small.

Measure the body part that you the piece to be scaled to.
What program are you using to view the files? If its Pepakura Designer go to 2D Menu and go to " Change Scale " . After that click "Set Scale" and then a little window will pop up and you can change your values. But.... I think the measurement units are in Millimeters.
I believe if you change the value of the height it will automatically change the other values to approximate scale.

So I am planning on making MJOLNIR (I think that's how it's spelled.) Set of spartan armor and so I am going to start off by making the MP helmet from reach would it be good to use a cut silver motor cycle visor for the MP helmet visor or would that not me good? Also besides that, how would I got about making sure that I don't forget any pieces of the armor so I aint missing a thigh piece or something?
First of all, good luck on your project, but the first thing i wanted to ask if you are planning to use EVA foam or just paper and then apply fiberglas to it. And no, a colored Motorcycle helmet won`t be a problem unless your helm has a really fancy and hard to make visor like the EVA, Pilot or Security Helmet, but if the helmet is just a relatively simple design, it should work without problems (I used a colored visor for my first Mk VI helmet and im am using one for my new Scout helmet which i am currently building).
And like Bullseye previously stated, i would also really recommend for yout to start of with an easier piece, since both the chest and the helmet are (in my opinion) the hardest parts to build.
And if you still need some pep files and haven`t checked out the armory yet, i highly recommend it to you, since there are many pepakura files for many different armor parts and also a lot of Halo Reach Files.
Again, good luck with your project and please keep posting updates about your progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back