My Finished Hello Kitty x Halo Spartan Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're still having trouble with the thighs, for my stormtrooper (and soon my ODST) I used a belt held up by suspenders attached to the thighs on the front middle and back by three garter belts on each thigh:
1668534439685.png

First off, holy hell this suit turned out so awesome! My girlfriend is super jealous!

Also if you need help with the thighs, here’s the video NerdForge used to show off his solution, it’s super smart and works crazy good

Attachments

• IMG_8767.MOV
    28.9 MB
First off, holy hell this suit turned out so awesome! My girlfriend is super jealous!

Also if you need help with the thighs, here’s the video NerdForge used to show off his solution, it’s super smart and works crazy good
Ooooh shoot that looks like it works well. Thanks! I've decided to print the thighs 10 percent wider and they fit perfectly now, and I figured out a rigging system, but still this helps know what people are doing!

OKAY IM JUST ABOUT FINISHED!! Of course its really not up to my standard of polish but I am proud of how fast i was able to put it together. After the con I will go back and do some more sanding, but as for now I dont have much time before the con. Thanks everyone for the support and I will still be updating on the progress of the build
.View attachment 322008
this armor is just awesome you did a freaking great job even my daughter wants to do a hello kitty now dang it.

IM BACK FROM HAVING COVID, so I just wanted to share my experience I had at LA Comicon! LONG POST INCOMING!

So this was my first time debuting my armor that I felt like it was ready to be seen, and to be honest I was not ready for had what to come ahead of me. My last time I took out the suit was really hard to maintain. Thing kept breaking and the usual rushed costume stuff. But for this con I wanted to be really ready so I could enjoy myself. I test fitted the week before the con like crazy and it seemed really solid.

VideoCapture_20221129-160223-01.jpeg
VideoCapture_20221129-160340-01.jpeg

So the first day was a Friday, I arrived to the con a couple hours before it was going to close. So I decided not to wear the armor and just explore the hall. An hour passed and I met up with a friend, and not to my knowledge he wanted to see me in costume! So a bit of bantering later I decided to go put it on. Mind that there was only 1 hour and 30 minutes left at the con. And I took a ludicrous amount of photos in that time. The reception of the costume was the best ive had ever gotten! I did not expect my costume to be as well recieved as it was.
And a new experience that I had was I was actually known from the forums! One of the first people to recognise the armor was indigoD0g , I was so surreal meeting someone from the forums since I have never been a part of a community like this. So thank you Indigo for the kind words to my costume :)
So only a little time in the armor sorta perpared me for the next day. But wow was Friday was my favorite day!

20221202_202202.jpg
20221202_203649.jpg
(side note: Indigodog is the one with the sick costume she is not an actual dog, I just thought the dog was cute)
Saturday was judgment day, around 6 hours of wearing the suit. The longest I have worn the costume. And compared to Friday, Saturday had like 2.5x more people. To start off positive, I got to meet more people from the forums! I meet Sylvacan and we geeked out over each others costume for a while, the way he put together his costume was amazing. Its sometimes hard to see but he has this sick rainbow reflection finish on his armor which I thought was dope af. Later in the con Sylvacan, Indigo, and Cobalt Eclispe all found each other and took some photos which was really cool to have a bunch of Halo cosplayers together.

20221203_155230.jpg
20221203_140736-01.jpeg
_DSC517000-01.jpeg

Ok here comes the struggle of Saturday: I am still new to the convention scene. LA Comicon 2022 was my 3 con I have been to, so things are still new to me. The way to spend the day the most effective and fun is still something I have to figure out. Also I think I need to find people who have the same objectives in a con as I do. The 2 others I went with are not as into the cosplay aspect of cons more the shopping type, so having to find the balance of spliting what we have to do stressed me a little since I didn't want take over the whole con for them. So in the future I might need to find other cosplayers to go with so our interests align and we don't have to be restricted by each other. If you are more experience at cons, I would love advice :)

The costume held up almost perfectly, but they're are some problems. Not with the costume but my body, I grew a bad headache around the 5 hour of wearing the costume. I deducted that it was because of wearing the helmet for too long, so I think I will have to put a small fan in the helmet to give me oxygen inside. At the end of the con, I could feel my shoulders having major strain from wearing the shoulders and holding the gun for that long. I will need to adjust that in the future if I plan on wearing it for that long so advice is needed for that.

But that was my experience at LA Comicon! If you read all the way throught thank you so much for reading my experience. Thanks to everyone I met! It makes me feel a part of a community instead of me just making costumes by myself in my garage. I might go to Wonder Con 2023, but it really depends on school and stuff like that. And whoever is here at the bottom of the post. Please enjoy my favorite cursed photos from the con.
20221203_111236-01.jpeg
20221203_111240-01.jpeg

IM BACK FROM HAVING COVID, so I just wanted to share my experience I had at LA Comicon! LONG POST INCOMING!

So this was my first time debuting my armor that I felt like it was ready to be seen, and to be honest I was not ready for had what to come ahead of me. My last time I took out the suit was really hard to maintain. Thing kept breaking and the usual rushed costume stuff. But for this con I wanted to be really ready so I could enjoy myself. I test fitted the week before the con like crazy and it seemed really solid.

View attachment 326649View attachment 326650

So the first day was a Friday, I arrived to the con a couple hours before it was going to close. So I decided not to wear the armor and just explore the hall. An hour passed and I met up with a friend, and not to my knowledge he wanted to see me in costume! So a bit of bantering later I decided to go put it on. Mind that there was only 1 hour and 30 minutes left at the con. And I took a ludicrous amount of photos in that time. The reception of the costume was the best ive had ever gotten! I did not expect my costume to be as well recieved as it was.
And a new experience that I had was I was actually known from the forums! One of the first people to recognise the armor was indigoD0g , I was so surreal meeting someone from the forums since I have never been a part of a community like this. So thank you Indigo for the kind words to my costume :)
So only a little time in the armor sorta perpared me for the next day. But wow was Friday was my favorite day!

View attachment 326652View attachment 326654 (side note: Indigodog is the one with the sick costume she is not an actual dog, I just thought the dog was cute)
Saturday was judgment day, around 6 hours of wearing the suit. The longest I have worn the costume. And compared to Friday, Saturday had like 2.5x more people. To start off positive, I got to meet more people from the forums! I meet Sylvacan and we geeked out over each others costume for a while, the way he put together his costume was amazing. Its sometimes hard to see but he has this sick rainbow reflection finish on his armor which I thought was dope af. Later in the con Sylvacan, Indigo, and Cobalt Eclispe all found each other and took some photos which was really cool to have a bunch of Halo cosplayers together.

View attachment 326655View attachment 326657View attachment 326656

Ok here comes the struggle of Saturday: I am still new to the convention scene. LA Comicon 2022 was my 3 con I have been to, so things are still new to me. The way to spend the day the most effective and fun is still something I have to figure out. Also I think I need to find people who have the same objectives in a con as I do. The 2 others I went with are not as into the cosplay aspect of cons more the shopping type, so having to find the balance of spliting what we have to do stressed me a little since I didn't want take over the whole con for them. So in the future I might need to find other cosplayers to go with so our interests align and we don't have to be restricted by each other. If you are more experience at cons, I would love advice :)

The costume held up almost perfectly, but they're are some problems. Not with the costume but my body, I grew a bad headache around the 5 hour of wearing the costume. I deducted that it was because of wearing the helmet for too long, so I think I will have to put a small fan in the helmet to give me oxygen inside. At the end of the con, I could feel my shoulders having major strain from wearing the shoulders and holding the gun for that long. I will need to adjust that in the future if I plan on wearing it for that long so advice is needed for that.

But that was my experience at LA Comicon! If you read all the way throught thank you so much for reading my experience. Thanks to everyone I met! It makes me feel a part of a community instead of me just making costumes by myself in my garage. I might go to Wonder Con 2023, but it really depends on school and stuff like that. And whoever is here at the bottom of the post. Please enjoy my favorite cursed photos from the con.View attachment 326658View attachment 326659
OMG!! That is AWESOME!! Love it so much!

Those "Ball and Cup" connectors are something I haven't seen before used for armor, and, in fact I don't think I've seen them in the first place anywhere. The closest I can think of that would be like, similar to those would be camping tent hardware? Kinda?

Either way, Cue me going to amazon to find something just like that as I've been looking at different methods of holding my thigh pieces up!

They works super good! I’ll send you the link the the ones I use, it’s a perfect solution in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back