Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a Confetti AR?

rvb-halo.gif

Attachments

• 1660609915028.png
    1660609915028.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 99
OKAY IM JUST ABOUT FINISHED!! Of course its really not up to my standard of polish but I am proud of how fast i was able to put it together. After the con I will go back and do some more sanding, but as for now I dont have much time before the con. Thanks everyone for the support and I will still be updating on the progress of the build
20220821_153825.jpg

That is an awesome premise and execution. One of the best builds I've ever seen! Now my fiancé is going to make me build something similar.

Hello again! Sorry for the absence! I had a lot of college stuff happen, but I am finally back in action on the Halo Kitty! I realized that I didn't send any photos of the actual con but better late than never! So I'm planning on refining the suit because it was made in a month. I'm going to reprint the shoulders to a bigger size, make a abdominal undersuit so my gut won't hang out, and then do better weathering. If more fun ideas roll around I'll will update. Thanks guys for the great feedback! And I'm glad you all liked the costume!

20220827_154302.jpg
20220827_123148.jpg
20220827_130900.jpg

This is criminally good .o. I love the crossover concept with Halo and Hello kitty, like cute and friendly, but can also rip you to pieces if you feel like it, lol

I bought some padded shirt and shorts to fill out the suit and give it a resemblance to an under suit. I actually think its start to look really good. I ran into some problems with the suit, when giving it a test run.
1. The inner elbow keeps getting pinched when I move my arm in a specific way. (If some one could give me advice as to not get pinched that would be great.)
2. The thighs keep falling down even with a belt attaching it, I will try and fix that.
3. The shins are too free moving, I will put foam in them.
I printed out an AR and I will start sanding it. I took photos with it :)

VideoCapture_20221109-212926.jpg
VideoCapture_20221109-212701.jpg
VideoCapture_20221109-212921.jpg

I bought some padded shirt and shorts to fill out the suit and give it a resemblance to an under suit. I actually think its start to look really good. I ran into some problems with the suit, when giving it a test run.
1. The inner elbow keeps getting pinched when I move my arm in a specific way. (If some one could give me advice as to not get pinched that would be great.)
2. The thighs keep falling down even with a belt attaching it, I will try and fix that.
3. The shins are too free moving, I will put foam in them.
I printed out an AR and I will start sanding it. I took photos with it :)

View attachment 325356View attachment 325358View attachment 325357
I've actually printed the same armor as you. I found that the only way I could avoid this is by wearing elbow pads with a little cushioning on the sides. Not sure how much space you're working with tho

Could only try to recommend putting some foam into the bicep/foream but it will never solve the problem. If you're bending your arm too much your skin will always be going between those 2 hard pieces. I've always had bruises even tho all my resin pieces were padded and secured in correct positions. Just part of it being hard armor.

As for your thighs pulling your belt - it's just the weight of all pieces everything down. If you want to keep thighs in desired position I'd recommend doing some straps going from your shoulder to the belt so it won't get pulled down. And from there you can just adjust the thighs to desired length and it should remain there.

Could only try to recommend putting some foam into the bicep/foream but it will never solve the problem. If you're bending your arm too much your skin will always be going between those 2 hard pieces. I've always had bruises even tho all my resin pieces were padded and secured in correct positions. Just part of it being hard armor.

As for your thighs pulling your belt - it's just the weight of all pieces everything down. If you want to keep thighs in desired position I'd recommend doing some straps going from your shoulder to the belt so it won't get pulled down. And from there you can just adjust the thighs to desired length and it should remain there.
Okay then, I'll try that out! Thank you.

I've actually printed the same armor as you. I found that the only way I could avoid this is by wearing elbow pads with a little cushioning on the sides. Not sure how much space you're working with tho
I will probably end up doing that but so far I've learn how to minimize it

Okay I think i really improved the armor from its first iteration! Im starting to get really hyped about the results, mostly because the proportions of the armor are looking really good in my opinion, it makes me look like an absolute unit. I am going to LA Comicon 2022, so I cant wait to show off what I got. Also if there is a 405th/Halo cosplay meet up at LA comic con please let me know! I would love to be apart of it :)
Here are some things I changed:
Harness system to keep everything up,
Reprinted biceps so they fit better with my arms and to minize pinching,
Have a speaker system so people can hear me in the helmet,
Bought a padded shirt and padded shorts for my undersuit,
Fixed the shoes so they stay together better,
Printed and finished an AR,
( I am also printing out new thighs to so they go higher)
VideoCapture_20221114-134844-01.jpeg
VideoCapture_20221114-133538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back