MandoMan's MarkVI Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

hey guys, just finished the pep of my Mark VI helmet, courtesy of DF4L's smooth model. easy build, looks pretty nice. i may not even need bondo on this one. do you guys think it looks big? i wear a size 7 1/2 fitted cap, so my heads pretty big. i hafta squeeze into this one a bit. what do you guys think? i keep thinking its too big but with the torso on itll look a bit different.

Picture216.jpg

Picture217.jpg

Picture213.jpg

Picture212.jpg

Picture211.jpg

Looks Great!! How many cm is it tall anyway? I am a member of the Large Head Crew and use big headed folks have to help each other out. My ODST, halo 2 version, was 39 cm tall, but it is a little different that a Mark VI helmet. Think you can give me a hand?

Also, fiber glass that bad boy then add some cardboard and/or post board for detail. Resin again then Bondo. Remember you need a surface that primer can stick to so the paint looks smooth.

Why don't I see any numbers on the flaps? Did you do it with the edge ID off? It's folded really well, but at the top of the helmet with the indentations, one of them seems to be warped a tad bit. All you'd need to do is make it symmetrical before resining though.

Yea that crooked top vent is an easy fix, it was 27cm tall i think. i just measured my old low detail helmet and used that.
yup did it with edge ID off. if you open DF4L's file and look at the helmet profile the top vent sticks about the helemt a little, so thats gotta get sanded down anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back