Marine Armor Landfall Ver Update 6/24 ( There Is No Pep File, Cous It's Scratch Built )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specops616

Jr Member
Here is an update on the Marine armor I have done so far ( 6/24 )....

Here is a pic, the rest are in my album.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...si&img=3490

I actually have my whole front chest done now..... And it is reduced about 15% ~ 20 % from the last picture you have seen. It was way too big before

The neck soft armor is the part that took me the longest to make so far.

Please let me know wut u think

PS, this whole armor is scratch build, there is no pep file for this project

Peace

R

All kinda materials....
Gatorboard
Cardboard
spot putty
bondo
fiber glass
Fiber glass jelly
resin
putty
foam
machine nuts
UFO glue
Styrene
and time.........
Now I have gone this far, I guess I will have to finish it some how.
It will be a fun one

Peace
R

p0rtalman said:
Wow, that looks incredible! What did you use to make it?

Last edited by a moderator:
dudeally id say good job....but thats an understaement! frikin incredible work on those dude! well done...if i was wearing a hat id take it off to you!

Thanks......
But now.....
there is a long road ahead for finishing this costume....
Well
At least I found wut they used for the camo :)
The glove might be a problem....
But i did capture billions of pix from the film....
Some Marine were wearing ODST gloves....
I think I will use that
Peace
R

spartan114 said:
dudeally id say good job....but thats an understaement! frikin incredible work on those dude! well done...if i was wearing a hat id take it off to you!

Check the new progress out:)
Hope u like it
R
Skullcandy Girl said:
VERY well done! They look excellent!

HEHEHEHE

I have my special way of putting them together.... And so strong it will never come appart

The magic is called Barge

R

Skullcandy Girl said:
WOW! haha VERY VERY drool WORTHY!! mad skillz :)

Did ya sew the pads and straps too?

HA~~~HA~~~~HA~~~~~HA ( Evil Laugh )
Hummmmmm
U will see in a few days :)

The real problem for me will be the neck soft armor part.... That's sth i need to figure out

Peace

R

Spartan 051 said:
how do you plan on building the chest?

This is great! Its been a wile since i have seen somthing scrapbuild! Im really impressed, and im wondering where you get those arm straps ^^

Looks good, but I have a couple nitpicks.. the only reason I'm seeing this is because I've had the references seared into my brain lately, the average con-goer will be blown away, it's solid work, and even the average 405ther will eat it up.

I think the elbows should probably be mounted to the side of actual elbow pads, because they usually seem to be situated on the outside of the forearm, pointing towards to wrist, like this:
marineref_vambrace.png

Also, the shoulder armor is all mounted on a large black pad which extends from at least the top of the shoulder down to just above the elbow.
marineref_shoulderpad.png

Sculpturally, I think the top points of the shoulder need to be a bit higher, more of an acute angle, and the side-flaps actually seem to have a bulge to them
marineref_shouldertop.png
marineref_shoulderside.png

I hope you can take a few criticisms- like I said, I'm only seeing this because I've had my brain wrapped around the references for a while.

ive been trying to find bicep pads to attach shoulder pieces too, but cant seem to find one that would specifically work with the marines or ODST, except for like sport pads (not football), more like lacrosse bicep/shoulder pads, but thats all ive found, maybe theres something better out there we can use

I think, judging by the title, he's making the live action version, there are a lot of differences between the weta and game versions.

NZ-TK said:
I think, judging by the title, he's making the live action version, there are a lot of differences between the weta and game versions.

Ah, I totally didn't catch that. XD
If he's going after the Weta look, it's right-on, then.
Only thing is that on their stuff the elbow is separate, probably more comfortable that way.

Well
Here is your answer, I am doing the Landfall short Film version not the game version.
They are the same armor yet not the same
Here is the picture for your referance

:)

Thanks for the info tho

Peace
R

Vrogy said:
Looks good, but I have a couple nitpicks.. the only reason I'm seeing this is because I've had the references seared into my brain lately, the average con-goer will be blown away, it's solid work, and even the average 405ther will eat it up.

I think the elbows should probably be mounted to the side of actual elbow pads, because they usually seem to be situated on the outside of the forearm, pointing towards to wrist, like this:
marineref_vambrace.png

Also, the shoulder armor is all mounted on a large black pad which extends from at least the top of the shoulder down to just above the elbow.
marineref_shoulderpad.png

Sculpturally, I think the top points of the shoulder need to be a bit higher, more of an acute angle, and the side-flaps actually seem to have a bulge to them
marineref_shouldertop.png
marineref_shoulderside.png

I hope you can take a few criticisms- like I said, I'm only seeing this because I've had my brain wrapped around the references for a while.

HI Vrogy :)
Elbow is actually separated
It's because of the picture taking
I kinda put them together to hold it up since the part is soft
So the whole arm is actually in 3 parts.
Here is the pic

Peace

R

Vrogy said:
Ah, I totally didn't catch that. XD
If he's going after the Weta look, it's right-on, then.
Only thing is that on their stuff the elbow is separate, probably more comfortable that way.

Please let me know which arm strap you need to know....

The elbow pad starp is the only place that is not exactly yhe same as WETA's
Cous I did use a Hatch Tactical Elbow pad to modify, it's more comfy and holds better

Problem with the WETA big elastic band is that it will slip.... As seen in couple of screen shoots and screen capture I have seen and did.

That's why all the tactical gears for SWAT and Specops almost and always have 2 straps, unless they are super super wide like the Ranger version

The rest of the strap you can always get them in ur local fabric store.
They are just nylon straps
Hope this helps
R

falcon NL said:
This is great! Its been a wile since i have seen somthing scrapbuild! Im really impressed, and im wondering where you get those arm straps ^^

Thanks a million :)
Happy that you like it
I will actually add more pouches to the armor
So it looks more tactical

R

spartan114 said:

Thanks for the clear up :)
I am building the chest now
We will see how it comes out
Will post it as soon as it is kinda finished

R

NZ-TK said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back