Marine Pepakura Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougborski

Okay guys I'm back with another question

I've had problems with building the halo armor and well I'm kinda discouraged about making halo armor

BUT!!

The reason why I got discouraged about the halo armor was, well that it was way to freakin big!

Big enough for a guy that's seven feet tall! So I thought about the marines and ODST.

Are The Marines and ODST scaled for the regular 6 foot people, like myself?

i agree... halfway through my first build i realized that i hadnt scaled it... at least i got to see how big master chief's head is...

check out some of the scaling stickies

Um, you guys haven't even answered the question... I was wondering about how tall standard Marines were as well, because I am low on cardstock and don't want to print them too large.

I for one do not know, but if I were you I would do a search for another forum user who has done one of the Marine/ODST helms and PM them or look for the files they are using.

Marines and ODST's are human, so they would range anywhere from 5'8" to 6'8". Remember, not every human is the same height. You should not be worrying what height the ODST or Marine is, you should be worrying about what height you are. Your making a costume for yourself after all.

Look at these 2 threads for help.

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Those should help you a lot with scaling. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

You may also want to real the following post/thread. If your interested in my volunteered help, feel free to add me on MSN or Skype.

A New Approach-Scaling

There is only 1 scaling sticky, and its by far the worst sticky on the 405th. I'm not criticizing all of the information inside of it, I'm criticizing the set up of it, and one bit of information in it. There is, to my knowledge, only one typed scaling tutorial in that thread, and its so outdated using it would mean the ultimate destruction of your armour, scale wise. This being because its for files that no longer are available to the public, and the files themselves are no longer used because of accuracy and detail. My comment on that subject is so heated because this causes about 50% of my daily 160-ish E-mail/PM questions-to-answer list on scaling. Come on people, it says to use it with only frizzlefry’s pep files, but somehow people miss that part.

Remember everybody, every action has a reaction, and some how that particular post #7 of the scaling sticky has caused the worst possible reaction for me EVER. SIMPLY DO NOT USE IT!

Anyway, enough of my ranting.

Good luck with the costume!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back