Marine Pilot Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

Well i was bored today so i figured id take a crack at the Marine Pilot helmet Ruze did. It seems to be turning out pretty well, however there are some tricky parts that require some finesse. Printed on 110lb cardstock, assembling with super glue.

Only facemask/visor and the frontal lobe of the helmet is done, once pepping is complete all im waiting on is Aqua-Resin (thisll be my first time trying it) and some Smooth-On products. Let me know what you guys think. Ill hopefully be starting the Marine chest soon and then ill make the chest attachment, followed by the rest of the armor.

On to the pics...

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture002-5.jpg

Im also gathering in game screen shots, so if anyone has anything to contribute, or any ideas etc, please share them.

Looking good mate, hope it works out well for you. I was toying with the idea of making one myself, but I should finish my Mk VI armour first.

That looks pretty awesome so far, can't wait to see the finished build!

Any problem areas with it?

Just a few tricky spots. some areas are curved but represented by one peice of paper and you gotta kind of contour the paper peices. I have the rest of the "dome" done, i should have the full pep done tomorrow. Probably calling off work due to theweather, so ill have pics up when its finished. Its also going to need some supports, it tends to want to squish together in its relaxed state making the face really thin. to get it to look normal in the pic i had to prop the cheeks open with a PC game.

love the helmet

i just made the one by vincenzo

where did you find the one by ruze

ive been postponing the detailing on mine becuase of all the bondo it will need but yours looks like it will need less detailing in the end

any plans on what will be inside yours?

Sweet another Pilot build. I love the helmet looks really cool.

Well looks pretty good what you got so far. Keep it up, can't wait to see it when it's finished.

cassus said:
love the helmet

i just made the one by vincenzo

where did you find the one by ruze

ive been postponing the detailing on mine becuase of all the bondo it will need but yours looks like it will need less detailing in the end

any plans on what will be inside yours?

Alex spartan177 said:
Its that the file from wikia???

I made the file last year, here's the original thread:

Pilot Helmet Link

Last edited by a moderator:
What armor pieces are you using for the rest of the armor?

The helmet is a special piece. I believe the shins are the standard marine shins but I'm not too sure about the other pieces. I'd love to do an UNSC pilot. So I am eagerly watching this thread.

thanks for link man - wish I had seen that one

modding up a vincenzo pep unfold which is quite nice too - but I didnt like his snout

AFAIK - the pilot is standard marine armor with a additional chest piece - I belive Garland did a unfold of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back