Marine Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Interesting idea, and cool art. Kudos. And let's not forget the "They'll Regret That Too" cutscene from Halo 2: "Immediate! Grid Kilo-23 is hot. Recommend mission abort." That was a sniper team, shooter and spotter, in that one.

yeah those guys

Last edited by a moderator:
scorpion driver:

verry little armour, short helmet, mesh back section.

at most he would only have to expose himself up to his waist, if that.

his helmet is shorter than the standard so he can move around in the cabin wihout banging into everything.

his back section is mesh so he won't overheat in the cabin.

You've got some very interesting stuff in here, I'll be watching this thread. Please, keep more ideas and more drawings coming. Also, I'm a fan of the orange on the bomb tech :D. It's not like he'd be in combat anyhow so that orange really isn't giving him away.. although.. if he was in combat I'd imagine you'd want to know to be away from him.. so really it works either way.

Cheers,

Kensai

Nice drawings!

I agree with the others, though. The Bomb disposal should be like the EOD helmet. Or at least have a smaller visor. Because a visor + explosion = shattered visor, ouch!

Keep the drawings coming! (Maybe you could try the Mark I or II armor, I always wondered what that might look like)

GMer56 said:
Nice drawings!

I agree with the others, though. The Bomb disposal should be like the EOD helmet. Or at least have a smaller visor. Because a visor + explosion = shattered visor, ouch!

Keep the drawings coming! (Maybe you could try the Mark I or II armor, I always wondered what that might look like)

imagePPU.JPG

Looks about right to me. Remember, even if you're wearing a full bomb disposal suit, if you're sitting right next to a bunch of high explosives you will probably not live through the detonation.

commando/ heavy infantry:

this guy is like the american rangers or the australian commandos.

he difers from the odsts in that he gets where he's going quietly on foot rather than in a bomb.

he has an O2 stimulant tank so he can run/sprint for lnger periods than outher marines (that is his primaty form of trnsport)and a lot of pouches to sustain week long missions.

his shin guards are a mix from all 3 halo games.

GMer56 said:
Maybe you could try the Mark I or II armor, I always wondered what that might look like

well i gave the mk 1 a try:

i'd like to see MK1&2 done by bungies concept designers.

wow really good drawings keep em coming..... hey how about a K-9 version think they will have K-9 units????

If you don't have a dog drop the K-9 unit. Also Maybe change the commando into a heavy artillary (like rockets splazers) because in my opinion it looks and acts in the same job as an ODST. Overall I like the idea of different marines, its kind of like in StarWarsIII all the awsome different clones for different planets/combat situations, or like in battle front the different types of units you can be.

cpl. Ardias vespasian said:
marine K-9:

the doggie from a K-9 unit.

i would like to build this one but i don't have a dog.

ooohhh hes such a cute little puppy wuppy good job

Squirtle117 said:
If you don't have a dog drop the K-9 unit. Also Maybe change the commando into a heavy artillary (like rockets splazers) because in my opinion it looks and acts in the same job as an ODST. Overall I like the idea of different marines, its kind of like in StarWarsIII all the awsome different clones for different planets/combat situations, or like in battle front the different types of units you can be.

I may not have a dog but what if someone who dose have a dog likes the idea?

Most armys have some form of dog squad for search & rescue or bomb detection ect, so why not the unsc?

The ODSTs are shock troops capable of realy fast (and loud) depoyment, in a real army thay would be one special forces troop out of a handfull, each specalised for different missions.

For example you wouldn't use ODSTs for a covert assination behind enemy lines you would need a quieter soldier like those in the SAS. For the games the marines and the ODSTs can cover it but if the UNSC was more "true to life" they would have around 5 specal forces and around 10 corps, proably more.

To use an in game example: I think that rather than marines, commandos would have secured the chief in the first mission. they would have had to quickly and quietly move through dense jungle so as to beat the covanant to the chiefs crash site, without attracting any attention but if things went pear shaped thay would have the fire power to deal with it. this is the exact mision thay would be traned for.

I'm not saying the ODSTs are inadequet, far from it, but thay aren't known for their Subtlety and grace.

The ODSTs are shock troops capable of realy fast (and loud) depoyment, in a real army thay would be one special forces troop out of a handfull, each specalised for different missions.

For example you wouldn't use ODSTs for a covert assination behind enemy lines you would need a quieter soldier like those in the SAS. For the games the marines and the ODSTs can cover it but if the UNSC was more "true to life" they would have around 5 specal forces and around 10 corps, proably more.

To use an in game example: I think that rather than marines, commandos would have secured the chief in the first mission. they would have had to quickly and quietly move through dense jungle so as to beat the covanant to the chiefs crash site, without attracting any attention but if things went pear shaped thay would have the fire power to deal with it. this is the exact mision thay would be traned for.

I'm not saying the ODSTs are inadequet, far from it, but thay aren't known for their Subtlety and grace.

I have to disagree with you there. Sure some of their missions are Direct Action speed, surprise, and violence of action missions, but stealthy recon is in their mission. The have suppressed weapons, after all (M7S and M6-SOCOM).

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
I have to disagree with you there. Sure some of their missions are Direct Action speed, surprise, and violence of action missions, but stealthy recon is in their mission. The have suppressed weapons, after all (M7S and M6-SOCOM).

I suppose I was exaggerating a bit but you cant be tellng me that a group called Orbital Drop Shock Troops do anything better than massive, devastating, suicidal assaults where ODSTs deploy en mass into the heart of the enemy and absolutly decimate, the only things hitting the ground in greater numbers than spent shell casings are Slaughtered enemy soldiers, I think thats what the ODSTs are for "when the sh*t hits the fan, send in the ODSTs".

Also the suppressed weapons dont work! any time I try to stelthily pick of the grunts at the back end of the patrol, the entire patrol knows where I am after the first shot!

cpl. Ardias vespasian said:
I suppose I was exaggerating a bit but you cant be tellng me that a group called Orbital Drop Shock Troops do anything better than massive, devastating, suicidal assaults where ODSTs deploy en mass into the heart of the enemy and absolutly decimate, the only things hitting the ground in greater numbers than spent shell casings are Slaughtered enemy soldiers, I think thats what the ODSTs are for "when the sh*t hits the fan, send in the ODSTs".

Also the suppressed weapons dont work! any time I try to stelthily pick of the grunts at the back end of the patrol, the entire patrol knows where I am after the first shot!

ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPER

United Nations Space Command (UNSC) Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) are under the operational authority of Naval Special Weapons (NavSpecWeap). Their methods of operation allow them to conduct missions against targets that more conventional forces cannot approach undetected.

The ODSTs perform highly specialized, small scale, high-risk operations such as:

Deep ground surveillance (DGS)

• Direct action (DA)

Unconventional warfare

• Counter-terrorism operations

• Counter-contraband operations

Personnel and special equipment recovery/capture

ODSTs are recruited from the Special Operations Groups of all the nations of the Unified Earth Government (UEG). Since the first group of “handpicked volunteers” was activated, ODSTs have been dropping “feet first” into combat.

-source bungie.net

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPER

United Nations Space Command (UNSC) Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) are under the operational authority of Naval Special Weapons (NavSpecWeap). Their methods of operation allow them to conduct missions against targets that more conventional forces cannot approach undetected.

The ODSTs perform highly specialized, small scale, high-risk operations such as:

Deep ground surveillance (DGS)

• Direct action (DA)

Unconventional warfare

• Counter-terrorism operations

• Counter-contraband operations

Personnel and special equipment recovery/capture

ODSTs are recruited from the Special Operations Groups of all the nations of the Unified Earth Government (UEG). Since the first group of “handpicked volunteers” was activated, ODSTs have been dropping “feet first” into combat.

-source bungie.net

okay, no need to yell.

well theres 2 things i find humourus about that:

1. i've read that about 6 times

2. i completely forgot it.

any way its beside the point, i meant that the UNSC commando (not really heavy infantry, so i take that back)is a more ninja-esque group specalising in extreme stealth, assasination, sabotage, deep reconasance, infiltration.

the kind of missions that "never happened" and a compassionate soldier won't even Consider an option (to my knowlage ninjas were considered under handed and dishonourable), like infiltrating an "innie" establishment and horribly murdering the children and carers in order to demoralise the fighters. i should probably think of a more discriptive title, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back