Mark V assistance needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RvbLady

I am planning on doing a cosplay in Mark V armor in a little over a year. This will be my first attempt at, well pretty much every aspect of this. I was hoping I would be able to find someone who could make or help me make (in person) a custom suit. However, it seems I am having no such luck. I have seen several people say I will need to download the outlines of each piece and a bunch of little details but I am generally at a loss. I have been running around the internet in search of information and I fear if I do not find my way soon I will not have it done in time. If anyone can either point me to someone who would be willing to work on this with me or in any general direction I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks so much in advance.

-Totally Lost

I'm also new here, but I've done a decent amount of research. What variant of Mark V? There has been a Mark V suit of some sort in every halo game. Also are you doing a foam or fiberglass resin build? Do have pepakura viewer?

Check out this thread HERE. It has every tutorial from foam to fiberglass to painting since...pretty much ever. You should be able to find pretty much everything you need as long as you spend the time to read everything.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the 405th (to the both of you :D)!

I'm also new here, but I've done a decent amount of research. What variant of Mark V? There has been a Mark V suit of some sort in every halo game. Also are you doing a foam or fiberglass resin build? Do have pepakura viewer?

I am wanting to do Tex from red vs blue. I believe that her armor changes over time so i suppose i need to figure out which version will be the easiest. As for the build I have no clue. I want to make sure it looks as nice as possible, but this is also my first build so Im sure i need to take the easiest route as well.. I still have loads of research to do, I simply started to feel overwhelmed with all the different sites and when I finally got here it seemed like the best group to ask for help lol

Check out this thread HERE. It has every tutorial from foam to fiberglass to painting since...pretty much ever. You should be able to find pretty much everything you need as long as you spend the time to read everything.

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the 405th (to the both of you :D)!

Thanks so much! I will get into this as soon as possible. Hopefully I can figure it all out and get this thing started!

AlphaZero Nope. Mark V has been in Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary), Mark VI has been in Halo: Reach. Halo 2/3 had Mark VI. Mark V kinda came out as revamed GEN2 in Halo 4.

For any templates, best go to "The Armory", like mblackwell directed you to. When you download it, you're pretty much set to go.

I stand corrected, but only half way halo 2 is actually the only one without any Mark V. Halo 3 has a Mark V helmet I believe. In anycase it sounds like he wants the Halo: CE version as that's the only time Tex would have had the Mark V armor.

Tex wears several sets of armor over the course of Red Vs Blue.

In the early seasons she wears the standard Halo Combat Evolved Mark V.

She then wears the standard Halo 2 Mark VI and then the standard Halo 3 Mark VI.

In some of the scenes using Halo 3 Tex is sometimes given different shoulders. Off the top of my Head, I think they were the EVA shoulders.

For the scenes filmed in Halo Reach in Church's mind, Tex wears the standard Halo Reach Mark V Female body armor and the Halo Reach Mark VI helmet.

Any advice on which one I should attempt first? Like I said this is my first build and I would like to select the easiest one for my first go around.

The Halo Combat Evolved Mark V is probably the simplest set of MOLJNIR armor to make. It can take some work to really get it looking good, as the base model used in the game was so simple and low detailed that the resulting Pepakura files are also lack detail. That does make it is the easiest to construct and just takes some time and adjustments and add in the details more free hand to really make it "pop."

It's really up to you. Either pep armour and use fiberglass and resin or use Eva foam. Some people do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back