Soft Parts Mark V Under Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

treduder

Jr Member
so im makin mark v armor for dcon.. and the under suit on it is prety important.. i could use some ideas or maybe sketches and drawings like tsuyoda did for the mk 6 stuff..

also im skinny so im gonna have to pad it up a bunch..

any one want to help out??

pic for inspiration :D

File:WasohaCloseupV.jpg

Posted pic fail.

Anyway, we don't really have any high detail versions of the Mk V, so I don't know how well you'd be able to make a drawing of the undersuit.

I think you'd be best off using a dark purple or black, bulky undersuit and attaching it to the inside of the hardplates.

Sorry for not being very helpful. :(

I to am a very slender person. My plan (haven't tried this yet) is to sculpt some muscles from Great Stuff (expanding foam). and sew the foam into muscle shaped bags, then sew those into the inside of my undersuit. I'll post pics when I open a wip thread, but maybe someone has already tried this. Good luck

Wear this to hook your strapping to and hold your belt up

iozn8j.jpg

juk8ip.jpg

Over this for bulk. Use the velcro on the front to attach your breast plate too on the back so it doesn't move around. (the American flag is velcro)

10xvw2w.jpg

(this one is optional if you are really fat but even a medium build it's necessary to fill in the chest area.)

And attach two of these to your belt for the thigh pieces

2800aqv.jpg

Ehobby asia is pretty much the cheapest place to get this stuff since it's straight from china. Not of it is "premium" or any non-sense so you can't feel bad about hacking it up. Check out their glove section to see if there is anything that fits you. I actually buy some of this stuff an re purpose it to wear on my utility belt on film sets. M4 mag pouches are great for either a sekonic light meter or maybe some chocolate bars.

In total that comes to about 60 dollars before shipping. So I'd say about 100 bones. Not to bad when you consider how much better your armour will look with it.

The key thing is now all of this is adjustable, comfortable and configurable.

That's the place that had the super cheap Molle thigh rigs! Those will work well for the Halo 3 Marine thigh rigs.

Thanks, Moz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back