Mark Vi Chest (Head Hole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k11yle

Jr Member
hey everyone, btw this is a temporary topic, its made just to find out how any of you made your flying squirrel's Mark VI chest fit your head. So far its fits perfectly except, my head wont fit through the hole. State your methods.

k11yle said:
hey everyone, btw this is a temporary topic, its made just to find out how any of you made your flying squirrel's Mark VI chest fit your head. So far its fits perfectly except, my head wont fit through the hole. State your methods.

what i did was after i glassed it i cut it in half and trimed the front to fit around my neck

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, that part around the neck and extending in front of it is actually soft armor. Not hard, as in the file would have you assume. Make it out of a cloth or rubber-like material. Also, it's an easy fix to seperate the chest front and back. It will fit you at that point. Put on the chest, clip the back to it, you're rockin.

Boba Fett said:
To my knowledge, that part around the neck and extending in front of it is actually soft armor. Not hard, as in the file would have you assume. Make it out of a cloth or rubber-like material. Also, it's an easy fix to seperate the chest front and back. It will fit you at that point. Put on the chest, clip the back to it, you're rockin.

i was thinking of that. I saw some pics of MC and that piece was black. Thanks boba! :lol

btw, do any of u know a thread or post about cutting the chest in half to add buckles and stuff like that. Ill really appreciate it. Thanks! :lol

Pretty self-explanatory. Take a natural join-line, keep that in mind. Fiberglass your piece, then cut it. At least stiffen it so the pieces match up. Then Get some sort of buckle, maybe velcro even or those snap rivet thingys, like on your coat or whatnot.

Boba Fett said:
Pretty self-explanatory. Take a natural join-line, keep that in mind. Fiberglass your piece, then cut it. At least stiffen it so the pieces match up. Then Get some sort of buckle, maybe velcro even or those snap rivet thingys, like on your coat or whatnot.

thanks, im just paranoid about it not being perfect. So im going to completely harden it, then cut it. Basically were the pic shows right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back